MyScript stylus.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
MyScript Stylus V.3.2 (Windows) - Shop - Vision Objects

This is something else I have discovered.. When it comes to actually writing on the write pad on any tablet I find that I really miss the write pad of windows 7. Maybe some people would like this as much as I do. I got it to Use with excel... I hear it can be done.. Might try today. they offer a free 30 day trial. I don't know how much the program costs. But I do like it. A LOT! Very easy to customize. has anyone else used it?

mpholic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Since I believe onenote already has handwriting recognition does this extend it to other apps? The description leads me to believe so. It also claims to work with capacitive stylii.

If you try this please let us know how it works.

Thanks for the heads up.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have used it in several programs. From what I can tell, basically any program where you can pop up the onscreen keyboard and write or type, but all you get is the write pad, no keyboard. It works on my windows computers that have the ability for handwriting ( I don't own any other laptops. ) and I don't remember how I did this but I had an email program up and the regular write pad disappeared and I was able to write in the body of the email and it turned to text. I will try doing it again. I was also able to write to excel ... first click in a box, write in the write pad, then click insert and the text and or numbers would insert in the box I clicked on. I was also able to do math by doing +100 +100 and click insert .. and it entered the total. Best go to YouTube and search for videos using the term My Script Stylus (maybe one word) In the meantime I will test some more ..

Works but haven't tried it with my ipad ... Capacitive tablet .. but I didn't play with it much because I love my Fujitsu .. I bought a stylus that writes on the ipad and haven't had time to try this program.
I still have my Dell Venue Pro 8 stylus. That one uses a tiny battery also .. I think AAAA and that stylus works on my Fujitsu.
I haven't but will try it on my Samsung 7 Slate Tablet .. I am not sure of the digitizer but I know that the Samsung Stylus won't write on the Fujitsu but I believe with this program it will. Another thing I am going to try is a plastic stylus .. Going to do that today ..
My most used tablet is a Fujitsu Stylistic.That one has an Active digitizer and uses the same stylus as my EX Dell Venue Pro 8. Those have a battery in it. The Fujitsu Q572 is my favorite tablet) I found it barely used almost new on eBay for $300 .. My favorite used to be my Samsung 7 Slate ... If you don't know the Fujitsu, check here. It has so many features. Not great for games other than Bejeweled and the like. ... Review Fujitsu Stylistic Q572 Tablet - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

Last edited:

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8 .. I opened Outlook from a link on my taskbar. Then opened the MyScriptStylus 3.2 . .. Just under the "X" that you close the MyScriptsStylus writepad with is a small box just below it ... if you click that you can write directly in the window of a new email. You can see your handwriting turn to text and then on the far left of the write pad is an icon you click that is "insert."

I was testing all screens and their stylus. First I tried to use a plastic stylus. MyScriptStylus doesn't work with a plastic stylus. Apparently you must use the stylus that is made for your computer for the program to work at all.

1. Samsung 7 Slate Tablet has a Wacom digitizer. MyScriptStylus works with this digitizer.
2. Fujitsu Q572 Tablet has a N-Trig DuoSense(R) Digitizer. (Digitizer article said they think the N-Trig feels more like you are writing on paper and the Wacom feels like writing on glass.) MyScriptStylus works with this digitizer.
3. Dell Venue Pro 8 Tablet has a Synaptics digitizer.. Don't know if this program would have helped the tablet. I returned mine. Kept the Stylus and it won't work on my other tablets.

Haven't tried using this program on my ipad but apparently there is a program for it to work on the iPad and Android phones and tablets.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon