Few questions on this lovely device i just bought.

arken21

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Internet explorer:
I only see the "original" version of IE, i don't see the "tablet version" of IE :(
- I can't go back or front page by sliding left or right, only works on chrome...pretty weird. Is it just me?
- On Youtube, it's difficult to use the "time adjust ball", I tried to drag it to the right, but it didn't seem working.
- Is there shortcut for opening/closing a tab (by using touch screen)
- The keyboard pop-up is acting weird. When i press the empty area for typing, the keyboard did not pop up automatically, and then i open it manually, i did not minimize automatically after
Chrome:
- Can't zoom in/out by pinching?
- Chrom vs Internet explorer on win8, which one takes less ram and better performance?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You should have two IEs: one metro IE and one desktop IE. You typically launch metro IE from Metro screen app icon and desktop IE from desktop view's task bar. But if you pinned desktop IE to the home screen, there is no way to tell.

On Metro IE, you go back and forward by swiping left and right. To see tabs, swipe down from top. To type URL, swipe up from bottom. None of these gestures will work for desktop IE.

The keyboard issue is how desktop app works. I don't like it at all. Again, stay with metro IE. It is designed for touch devices.

Chrome is a RAM hog in any PC.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it sounds like you are in the desktop mode and would like to be in the Metro mode. They are two completely different instances of IE. You can easily send a site from the Metro to Desktop mode, but they don't cross talk naturally.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You can't access Metro IE if it isn't your default browser. Chrome does support pinch to zoom but you have to enable it in chrome://flags. Personally, IE is just better for touch. And this is coming for a diehard Chrome fan.

EDIT: The proof is in the pudding. Try the Google+ site from Chrome and IE and you'll see the difference. I got mine today and I'm still testing these things out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro