Price Opinion

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I need some opinions on pricing.....

Staples has the Venue 8 Pro right now for $229, I have a $32 gift card meaning I could get it for about $210 after tax. Think that's a good deal for a brand new one?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why, yes, I believe so. I am thinking this is a great deal for a fun little tablet. What exactly are you interested in using it for? We could probably tell you if it fits your needs or not a little better then. Keep in mind, this is a lower end device. It will perform basic functions of a tablet (moderate gaming, books, streaming basic media) well, but not the top end functions.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why, yes, I believe so. I am thinking this is a great deal for a fun little tablet. What exactly are you interested in using it for? We could probably tell you if it fits your needs or not a little better then. Keep in mind, this is a lower end device. It will perform basic functions of a tablet (moderate gaming, books, streaming basic media) well, but not the top end functions.

I know its a lower end tablet, for the most part I know what im getting into. Ive done a lot of research and read many reviews.

As you'll see im on an Android tablet, as many complain especially the Samsung ones are very laggy. I am heavily invested in the Windows ecosystem and it's just easier when everything works together. I do wish there was a podcast app to sync them between all my Windows devices.

I do wish it had gps built in but that can be solved with this: http://www.amazon.com/GlobalSat-BU-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2498443

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a refurb 64GB on the Dell.com Outlet sale for $179... I wish I had gotten two because after 30 seconds with it, my wife decided she wanted one as well. I shopped around and found a refurb 32GB on Ebay for $169.95 and snagged it. So far both refurbs are running like champs and I couldn't be happier. This is less than 1/2 the price of a new 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX and I have a access to full PC functionality and an e-reader and a game player...

Is the $210 price tag for the 32 or 64 model? If it's the 32, I would just grab a refurb and call it good. That $169.95 price tag is awfully nice and it doesn't even look like this one was touched.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a refurb 64GB on the Dell.com Outlet sale for $179... I wish I had gotten two because after 30 seconds with it, my wife decided she wanted one as well. I shopped around and found a refurb 32GB on Ebay for $169.95 and snagged it. So far both refurbs are running like champs and I couldn't be happier. This is less than 1/2 the price of a new 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX and I have a access to full PC functionality and an e-reader and a game player...

Is the $210 price tag for the 32 or 64 model? If it's the 32, I would just grab a refurb and call it good. That $169.95 price tag is awfully nice and it doesn't even look like this one was touched.

I should have been more specific. This is for the 32gb.

How is desktop use with the screen being so small?

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Micro Center regularly sells 32GB for$199 and 64GB for $249.

I'd recommend against the 32GB model. Right now, on my 64GB model, it already used up 32GB with all my media files on a microSD card.

No, plug in a micro SD card won't extend the storage. It only has limited usage.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has the 32 for $199 right now.

Has anybody been able to successfully attach a GPS dongle to make here maps work?

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
WalMart has it on sale for 199 https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...dows-8.1-Blue-Operating-System-Black/32243242

I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying to get this dell, the Lenovo miix 2 or the ausus t100 if I can find the right price

For those against the 32gb models why? I have been told people are able to get 70 or so apps and still have 3-6gb left. I'm looking for a 64gb but the 32gb can't be that bad if you have enough space for 70 apps. I'm only web browsing and maybe downloading music to transfer to my phone or whatever or upload to my cloud music services nothing major outside of that

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Best I found the 32GB on Amazon for was $229 new and $169 refurb...

Amazon.com: Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1): Computers & Accessories

I don't think I would blink at the $169 refurb price! That's a great deal - and as far as 64 vs. 32 - I think it depends on what you will be doing with it. If you are installing PROGRAMS (x86) you will need more than the 64GB anyways... If you are just doing Apps, the 32 should hold up just fine as long as you have an SD card in.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32GB model and love it. I use it for more than just surfing and simple games too. I use it extensively for remote desktop using the desktop version of TeamViewer and I also use the built in remote desktop. I have at least 30 metro apps beyond what came on it plus some documents and pics along with Office 2013 Home and Student that came with it. All of this runs fine with no slow downs or hiccups. I still have about 7.5GB free. There are also some things that can be done that will free up space and/or expand the amount of space available like recover the space used by the recovery partition, mount an SD card to a local path and move libraries to it and you can even set it up to install apps to an SD card.

As for installing USB devices, it is as simple as just plugging them in. About the hardest part is getting a Micro USB to female USB adapter of which Amazon has many to choose from. I got mine that also had a wireless mouse and 3 port USB hub for about $15. When I got it I plugged in the adapter then the receiver for the mouse. The DV8P installed the drivers and away I went.

I'm to the point that I rarely use my laptop any more and constantly use my DV8P.

EDIT:

I got mine in February and paid less than $250 new at Tiger Direct, and that was with overnight delivery.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Walmart is currently selling the 32GB version for $199 this week. After dealing with various frustrations with my Surface 2 (Windows RT) primarily but not solely the lack of applications, I'm seriously considering picking one up. The nudge might be the special combination of cables that allows both charging the DV8P and use of USB devices.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just for a update I just ordered one off of eBay 64gb dv8p with a 32gb microsd for $225 got tired of debating I'll see how I like this used one until the newer tablets come out later this year and go from there

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99