Q. Which one is best to buy ? DVP8 or Acer Iconia W4 or HP Omni 10.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
DV8P was nice, but lacks that hdmi port and separate charging the W3 had... if W4 improves on the W3's crappy screen without screwing up anything else, I'd easily recommend that over the DV8P.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Spec wise they all pretty much preform the same with minor differences. Your issue is size and digitizer or microHDMI out, none of them have them all. I really like my dell, though I mostly use it for reading, if I watched more videos on it, I'd probably get the HP Omni 10. I have no interest in making this my main rig so microHDMI out doesn't interest me, but I do use the digitizer for notes every now and then.

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Spec wise they all pretty much preform the same with minor differences. Your issue is size and digitizer or microHDMI out, none of them have them all. I really like my dell, though I mostly use it for reading, if I watched more videos on it, I'd probably get the HP Omni 10. I have no interest in making this my main rig so microHDMI out doesn't interest me, but I do use the digitizer for notes every now and then.

Is dell tablet runs pc games smoothly?

Can you share your gaming experience?

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Your best bet is to search youtube for gaming vides on the dell venue pro. There are a couple of side by side videos. For the most part they do well, but you won't be playing anything on high detail level.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
If reading is your intended main use of the tablet then you'd ask yourself if you'd ever use Chrome as your browser in addition, not necessarily as replacement, to Metro IE.

In my case, I use them both because a lot of times I need to get to my synced bookmarks on Chrome that I often use on my desktop and laptop.

Unfortunately like any other desktop based apps, Chrome is a pain to use your finger to operate with. In fact stylus is a must have if you're even entertaining to use any desktop based app on such a small screen. Without it you're painfully compromising your effort when you're trying to relax and kill time in your free time.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Starcraft II is playable, its more of a pain trying to get a keyboard and mouse in order.
Halo can be done, same with Minecraft.

GTA: San Andreas framerate can vary.
Modern Combat 5 leaves some to be desired.
Asphalt 8 runs perfectly.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Starcraft II is playable, its more of a pain trying to get a keyboard and mouse in order.
Halo can be done, same with Minecraft.

GTA: San Andreas framerate can vary.
Modern Combat 5 leaves some to be desired.
Asphalt 8 runs perfectly.

I did see a video on youtube, someone who owned a venue pro 8 ran the elder scrolls skyrim on the device. Not perfect but playable.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
If reading is your intended main use of the tablet then you'd ask yourself if you'd ever use Chrome as your browser in addition, not necessarily as replacement, to Metro IE.

In my case, I use them both because a lot of times I need to get to my synced bookmarks on Chrome that I often use on my desktop and laptop.

Unfortunately like any other desktop based apps, Chrome is a pain to use your finger to operate with. In fact stylus is a must have if you're even entertaining to use any desktop based app on such a small screen. Without it you're painfully compromising your effort when you're trying to relax and kill time in your free time.

I prefer the metro interface, I run ie11 on a win8 desktop and my books marks sync, though the pulling open pages doesn't always work, but it's there. Hell for that matter they sync to my nokia 920 too. I mostly use metro version of IE on my tablet because I prefer that keyboard interface. I hate having to tap the icon for the keyboard to pop where as in metro it just pops and centers the text fields you're trying to type into.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077