Windows 10 Preview on the Venue 8 Pro?

ToddKlindt

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I wish for the tablets they wouldn't have the desk top at all. It's to small . I would get a rt device but they have none in the 8 inch range.
What people don't understand is rt is the same as other just doesn't have desk top. No one is going to run photo shop on 8 inch devices . That would be stupid. I really hope ms comes out with a small tablet with rt or WP os . That's what little tablets are for. Thanks for letting me vent. On the windows 10 on dell venue 8 pro. I tried it . Not for tablets. PC os . Took it back off and ill wait.
If you don't like the Desktop, just don't use it. Why would you wish it to go away so that those of us that like it can't use it. I don't use it much, but it's nice to have it there when I need it.

Wm DeRosier

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the wish comment . Didn't mean to start a conflict with all the desk top power users with there dell 8 inch tablets. I'm just saying I wish they would have came out with the rt version in a smaller tablet. Not to try and get pity from. Anyone but I'm 55 wear glasses and hard to see and touch buttons on the desktop... I do use the desktop on my laptop exclusively. I think that and hope that windows 10 and Gemini will fix problems for. Everyone. Lets hope. For the best. Sorry if. I offended you sir. That was not my intention.

pgoth

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue - I have a recovery USB and tried everything to restore the image but cannot seem to get it to work

Has anyone successfully removed it and restored 8.1

RickyGao

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You can always fresh install Windows 10 on Dell Venue 8 pro by inject the WIFI and touch drivers into the USB installation disk

I've posted the detail steps below:

rickygao.com/use-ntlite-to-add-oem-drivers-into-windows-installation-usb-disk

Majdi Haroun

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
After installing Windows 10 preview (Build 9860) I noticed that the resolution on my tablet was a bit lower (things looked larger).
Upon checking the display settings, I noticed that it maxed at 1280x800 . below that I saw the message "Your resolution is lower than 1200 X 900. Some items might not fit on your screen.

I tried to find Display Drivers to reinstall or update but with no avail.

Please help

chantszhim

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I did a fresh install, don't know how much space is left didn't check but I have the 64GB model. After using it for awhile I can't say that I'd recommend installing it. It really isn't ready for tablets, the focus so far is really on the desktop experience, which doesn't work very well on an 8inch device. The modern IE is gone, and all the Store apps run on the desktop so the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up anymore when in a text field.
How if enabling Tablet Mode in Settings?

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm debating on installing the new Tech Preview on my Venue 8 Pro except for the simple fact that there are too many options missing and will be coming within the next six months or so. I use mine as a remote work device with Logitech K810 keyboard and T630 mouse and based what I've seen on my PC that I loaded this version on I'm anxious to pull the trigger. From what I've heard, the Continuum feature is only available to Surface devices in this version (manual switching is still good enough) and I didn't see a change in some of the Universal apps they discussed.

As this is a machine I trust and rely on, I think it's best to wait a couple versions. I really want to see what Spartan looks like as the web based Service Management platform I support is going to Angular JS and IE has compatibility issues with it.

madgibbon

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This tablet has a 1200 x 800 display so no mater what display drivers install it not going any higher. There are few tricks some devices use such as the 7" Toshiba which tricks windows into think the display is higher resolution than it is. However this generally leads to a blurry, grainy display.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I installed it yesterday, initial impression is mehh... I'm not liking it at all. Especially the new start screen in tablet mode, 8.1 start screen was the best UI for touch. Plus the start screen layout is buggy as far as rendering tile icons are concerned. Search downright sucks and is buggy. Plus there is no working logon using pin, everytime after waking up the screen I've to enter my password to login

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I installed it yesterday, initial impression is mehh... I'm not liking it at all. Especially the new start screen in tablet mode, 8.1 start screen was the best UI for touch. Plus the start screen layout is buggy as far as rendering tile icons are concerned. Search downright sucks and is buggy. Plus there is no working logon using pin, everytime after waking up the screen I've to enter my password to login

And here we are a week before launch and the only thing they fixed was the pin login... Awesome..

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the preview on my venue 8 pro, and it works great, performance is just as it should be. I have a second one up on my night stand just waiting for the official release.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
How's the performance of 10240 on it?

I'm finding it to be excellent. Comparable to Windows 8 as far as speed. Battery life actually seems a bit better to me. I started by upgrading to a preview build 3 or so builds before 10240 and each one has just gotten better and better. Very happy with it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried to install it last night on my 32gb unit and it failed miserably. Any recommendations?

Were you trying a clean install or in place upgrade? On some of the preview releases there were issues with the touch screen on clean installs requiring a USB to go plug and USB port so you could use a mouse and keyboard.

What specifically do you mean by "failed miserably"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb