DV8P64 now or are there new tablets coming this/next month?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm a patient man and have no issue waiting, but I need to know if it is worth waiting. I can pick up a DV8P 64gb for about $200 right now or waiting to see if Dell or anyone else is coming out with new models with newer processers this Fall later this month or next. I haven't found ANYTHING about new W8 tabs coming this year from anyone. A Surface Mini was what I had been waiting on, but I've pretty much given up on that happening any time soon.

So is there any word on anything worth waiting for or should I bite the bullet today (or tomorrow) on this great DV8P64 deal?

I appreciate your comments.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Lenovo has a new Mixx tablet coming out, and Dell has announced that they have a refresh coming out "soon". HP has even announced some cheap tablets though the cheaper one only has a gig of ram. That said, while no one has said the released date for anything other than "holiday" season, you're looking at mid November for most of them, and I suspect to find these on sale during black Friday to clear out inventory.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo has a new Mixx tablet coming out, and Dell has announced that they have a refresh coming out "soon". HP has even announced some cheap tablets though the cheaper one only has a gig of ram. That said, while no one has said the released date for anything other than "holiday" season, you're looking at mid November for most of them, and I suspect to find these on sale during black Friday to clear out inventory.

I've been looking for that info and could find nothing other that super thin Android tablet with the great screen (Dell Venue 8 7000 Series). Is it expected that there will be a W8.1 version of this series?

Even if so, with a screen like that I just can't see these coming in a price point like the current models ...

O W Jones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If office apps are important, you might not want to wait. New machines might only offer Office 365. You'll be stuck with fees which over time will cost more than your own license. For example a Toshiba that I was considering when I couldn't find a Dell last month only offered Office 365 which is a deal breaker for me.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
If office apps are important, you might not want to wait. New machines might only offer Office 365. You'll be stuck with fees which over time will cost more than your own license. For example a Toshiba that I was considering when I couldn't find a Dell last month only offered Office 365 which is a deal breaker for me.

I still have a license for Office 2010 Overkill Version so I think I'll be ok. Still, thanks for the info.

I'm kind of floored that the news on new Windows tablets for this holiday season has been so scarce. If they're holding out for Windows 10, that will be disappointing for me.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for that info and could find nothing other that super thin Android tablet with the great screen (Dell Venue 8 7000 Series). Is it expected that there will be a W8.1 version of this series?

Even if so, with a screen like that I just can't see these coming in a price point like the current models ...

Been searching for the same news myself since the DV8 7000 announcement. They have a definite sale here it if it is Core-M, Braswell or Cherry Trail... I am inclined to think the delay in a DV8P 7000 announcement is due to Intel's delays with their newer processors.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
IMO, I wouldn't wait. The new Windows tabs coming out are lower in specs. There's a race to the bottom to compete with Android tabs and in order to get the price down, they're skimping on the specs.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I picked a DV8P up on eBay for $140. It's a great little device. At $200 or less, you can't beat what you're getting. I'd do it!

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I wouldn't wait. The new Windows tabs coming out are lower in specs. There's a race to the bottom to compete with Android tabs and in order to get the price down, they're skimping on the specs.

I see that too, but just like Android tabs have a range, shouldn't we expect the same of Windows tabs?

I picked a DV8P up on eBay for $140. It's a great little device. At $200 or less, you can't beat what you're getting. I'd do it!

A friend of mine said he would sell me his DV8P 32gb with a 32gb SD card and the official Dell case for $150. I have been verrrrrrrrrry tempted, but I would like to at least know what's coming before committing. It's frustrating. Is everyone waiting until after the new iPad announcements or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss