Stylus for dell venue 8 pro

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Dell Active Stylus is the only one that's available, and that thing is a horrible excuse for hardware IMO. I bought one and after trying for a couple of days, and making sure I had all of the latest updates and drivers on the Venue 8 Pro as well as the Venue 11 Pro I decided it far less frustrating to just take the battery out of the piece of junk and forget I'd spent money on it. I see some others who have reported success with them so maybe it's a YMMV situation, but, I fully regret that purchase.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I gave up with the Dell stylus also.
Besides those 4AAAA batteries are something like $4.99 for a package of 2 here in the US.

As far as my sparse use of the DV8P I'm just mousing it...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Worth noting it has since gone through a few hardware revisions/updates since the horrendous launch.
I hear current A02 (I think) styli are much improved.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure... Alternately you could get one of those $0.72, fat pad, lack of fine control, generic styli that are everywhere like gas stations, school fundraisers and yesteryear.

The Dell Active rev A02 works great and gives you mouse-like functions combined with a small point for fine control, touching the small buttons in your browser and accurate handwriting and drawing control. Anything else and you are just wasting time and money while getting frustrated.

The Dell Active Stylus had a bad rep when it came out... They fixed it. Read the reviews. People complaining are people who got burned with the inferior, bug ridden first version. They never got over it. I never fell prey to that. I've only had the rev A02 pen and it has been great. Just what the doctor ordered.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Dell replaced my original stylus with a new version A02.

Mine is still glitchy.
There's a fix on youtube somewhere for these styli.
I've never cared enough to try it.

The stylus does work well for tapping the onscreen keyboard tho.
Here's to hoping the OP's experience is better.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
New Dell stylus - see wcentral dvp8 thread here

New/latest/different stylus -
Manufacturer Part# : K5J52
Dell Part# : 750-AAGN

Link to Dell accessories stylus item page
Dell Active Stylus : Computer Accessories | Dell

TabletPC.com Forum thread discussing same
New Dell Stylus 11/3/14 | TabletPCReview.com - Tablet PC Reviews, Discussion and News

The jury is still out, but early reports looks promising...that it might finally be a better product. It looks to definitely be a different version though than the A02.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had no idea there was a new stylus available.

I had just bought the usb/power dongle and failed to see the later version stylus.
The glitchy pen is the main reason I let the Dell slip into my unused device drawer.

Thanx again Kavu2!

ankit_5036

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I bought Dell Stylus Ver A02.
So far it works perfect with my DV8P. No glitches. No problems at all.
Even I drew few sketches in One note.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm the Manufacturer Part# : K5J52 | Dell Part# : 750-AAGN is MUCH better than the original one...still not on par with the Surface Pro 3 but SO SO much better...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett