DV8P has what, an OEM copy of Windows? Where can I find an image to use with WinReducer or similar?

SweetBearCub

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to use a copy of WinReducer to slim some of the bloat out of the standard Windows 8 image, and add in my own custom settings. To do so, I need a proper ISO of the installation media. I could grab a copy of the retail ISO, but would I still be able to use what I assume is some kind of OEM license key from Dell?

How would I do this?

Thanks.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You can extract the license key from the registry (just search around for easy ways to do this) the OEM key should activate retail media, though you'd probably lose any Dell customizations

Fahid

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes it has the OEM or base edition of Windows 8/ 8.1.

you can create your installation media through official MS Installation Media Creation Tool, which zou can download from MS website, due to my post count I cant post the link in here, but you can ask me to PM it to you if you so desire.

this tool lets you create ISO image for writing a DVD or make an installation USB.
to be able to use the product key shipped by dell, in Windows Edition Select Windows 8.1 and 32-bit (x86) as Architecture.

It is always a good idea to find out your windows 8 product key through registery or any of many free utilities available on internet and write down your product key on a paper or digitally before proceeding with installation.

Do post your experience if you go through with it. someone may be help you if you got trouble and your experience will help others.

Fahid

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If DV8P user downloads the Windows 8.1 32-bit, he doesn't have to worry about license, if user doesnt do a repartition. Then old license will autometically be applied to new install of Wondows 8.1 32bit.

If disk is repartitioned, possibly license key may be lost from computer. In this case user can activate windows 8.1 32 bit by entering the license key shipped with DV8P.

But if you want to install a different Edition of Windows i.e Windows 8.1 Pro etc. Then user can use the Windows 8.1 Pro installation media and use W8.1 Pro License key by going to Right Click My Computer > About > Add Features....

spippo

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry to contradict, windows 8.1 with Bing is a version released by Microsoft to companies you tablet manufacturers (OEM), is born and dies with the tablet and its product key. Unfortunately, Microsoft has no interest in releasing this version of ISO (with Bing) and creating an ISO of Windows 8.1 normal and entering the product key of the original tablet OS not activated because it is a different version of OS (although there is little difference). I tried to create the ISO of Windows 8.1 standard and with the old tools, the one where you put the product key does not create the ISO responding that the version of Windows is not compatible, put another product key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12