Not Charging

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My VP8 that I've had for 13 months, has decided to stop charging. I've tried 2 different chargers, and tried plugging it to my laptop through the USB cord. Nothing. The little light doesn't even come on, so I cannot even run it off of electricity! Any suggestions???

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The usb ports on these devices aren't very stable... :/ Try plugging it in to charge, then hold down the power button and windows button for about 10-20 seconds

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The power level is to low, so I can't even wipe the computer by rest. Just put a claim into AMEX for $80 (got a deal on it when I purchased it). Assuming its approved, I'm buying another tablet-probably not a Dell. Any suggestions for inexpensive but good tablets?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Reach out to Dell Cares on Twitter... They are @dellcare if I remember right. The worst they will do is tell you they can't help, but it was literally a week between mine going out the door and getting it back. The pins on the inside of the usb port were bent, so it wouldn't charge and I couldn't hook anything to it to move files off. Fortunately, I was able to wiggle a charging cable in enough to get the power on and get my files copied off the my SD card before sending it in, but it's a full MB replacement - not just a port - so flashing it isn't all that important.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was going to suggest a wireless charging cradle, but one of those costs at least $140 on Amazon. Maybe you could get a deal on Ebay?

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
At this stage, I just want to power up my tablet long enough to do a reset on it. I have a claim into AMEX that I think they will honor (only $80 so nothing major to them). Realistically I feel as if I have gotten my money's worth out of the device. I just use it to play around on the net with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs