Windows 10 and HP Stream 7 UI

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Just saw in one of the Windows 10 TP threads that the whole "Windows 10 Mobile" UI for tablets under 8" will be on future devices ONLY, and that existing tablets like the HP Stream 7 will be getting the same Windows 10 as my Surface Pro 3.

Was under the impression that the Stream 7 would also be getting the Windows Mobile style Windows 10 down the road. Just wondering what people have heard.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I hear different things all the time. But the one I hear the most is that tablets like the Stream 7 will get the "Windows Phone" version of Windows 10.

I just can't wait to get a version of Windows 10 Preview that will ACTUALLY install PROPERLY on the Stream!!!

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that it depends on when the device came out in relation to Win10. If a sub-8" device was released *before* Win10, it will get the tablet interface when it upgrades. Any sub-8" devices released *after* Win10 officially launches will have the Phone interface. Regardless, I'm sure there will be a way (OEM or otherwise) to switch back and forth, so I doubt anyone will be locked into one or the other.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs