[Request] Possible camera malfunction or app incompatibility

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello dear Stream users,

I am a developer and need your help!
I have developed a QR Code scanner app for Windows 8 which runs fine on several devices so far.
Now I received a bug report that the camera is not working in my app on a HP Stream 7.

What I know so far:
  • The camera works on the device
  • The permission for using the WebCam in my app was granted
  • Diagnostics shows camera count = 2

Weird behaviour:
  • Edit: Deleted due to misunderstanding with user
  • The camera count in diagnostics only find the camera when the camera was started before (I assume by the default camera app)

What I would like to request is, if somebody could please install my app and just check if the camera works or if the above behavior occurs.
To enter camera diagnostics view in my app: just longpress (press and hold, release after 2sec) the app logo on top left side while in Scanner Mode (Scanner/Reader toggle button on top right)
Of course you don't need to buy my app, there is a 7 day free trial.

Download Link:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't get the permissions popup on start up, only once. Hardly used the camera so doubt it was running prior to your app using it.

I did find if I switched cameras, it didn't appear to like the front facing camera

Facebook-20150411-013934.jpg

Facebook-20150411-014006.jpg

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Great, thank you very much!
So my code seems to be ok. No much options here anyway, I used the recommended way to initialize the camera, which can be be found on Microsoft developer website.

So I think this is related to some driver issues maybe.

I talked again with the user and we had a misunderstanding, so the permission popup was shown just once. It was my "Camera Error" popup. What makes sense.

So thanks again, I can sleep a bit better now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo