When will the dell venue 8 pro 4G be released?

AbdulJalil Habash

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Its been almost two years since the dell venue 8 pro (Wi-Fi) was released and it was promised by dell that a cellular version would follow, however still no official information is available as when exactly will the cellular version be released. In the dell UK website you can get the 3G version in business section and in the dell US website you can get the 4G version again only in the business section and what's worse is that it is locked on Verizon. I've also found a 3G unlocked version available on eBay but I really want the 4G version. and finally Dell's official channels of inquiry and customer care are as redundant as a talking to yourself.

AbdulJalil Habash

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but my issue is related to having a windows tablet that is connected all the time through its own dedicated cellular plan, rather than running the internet sharing on my phone.

thanks

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Not much to say, I doubt that dell would re-release a 2 year old tablet in cellular form for the general public. That was why I recommend the internet share; yes it does use your phone data but it gets the job done. But I'll never know, maybe they would; but who knows?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not much to say, I doubt that dell would re-release a 2 year old tablet in cellular form for the general public. That was why I recommend the internet share; yes it does use your phone data but it gets the job done. But I'll never know, maybe they would; but who knows?

Well, FWIW Dell is still selling iterations of the 8 Pro, not just the original model.
I haven't heard much about a 4G model though, might want to look into a model that does have cellular, although I'm not sure what's available. I know the ThinkPad 8 was supposed to have a cellular model, but I don't know if its out yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel