Bitlocker and tablet.

Jason Gorman1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I have an HP stream 7 and I want to install an unsigned driver on it , I have followed the required steps to do this by going through the settings and restart etc except when it boots I get

"bitlocker you must enter your recovery key to access start up settings"

"Press enter key or windows key to continue"

This is where I should be able to select force unsigned drivers option however I cannot move forward because I have no enter key to press and touching the windows key on the tablet does nothing.

I have tried everything but cannot move past this point. Plugging in a keyboard to the micro usb port does nothing as well.

Dunno I am stumped here.

It looks like trying to turn off bitlocker is a major process and something I would prefer not to try to have to do. Bitlocker must have been on by default as I never turned it on in the first place.

Any idea's here guys on how to proceed.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think what I would do at this point is turn it off which will probably be the most painless at this point overall. It's no small task for the PC (and takes a bit), but for us end users, its just a simple switch in the PC Settings app. (at the bottom of Info I think, there should be a toggle)

Jason Gorman1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply , I did not even know there was the toggle to turn off encryption under the info setting. Have flicked the toggle now and will wait for it to decrypt which I would say will take awhile.
With some luck I will be able to go through the motions of installing the unsigned driver after this.

Crossing my fingers and thanks for the help will see how it goes.

Jason Gorman1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Sucess in some regards as after encryption was off I was able to move forward and install an unsigned driver however on rebooting the device the drive is marked as unusable.
If I reboot the device again with unsigned drivers allowed it works but would not prefer having to do this all the time. I wonder if there is a way of making it stick.

Jason Gorman1

May 31, 2015
Visit site
its a driver for a scanner which plugs into my car for diagnostics via the obdii port.
Works great except for the driver not sticking after the reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb