Any luck with Linux?

Freebyte

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has played with running Linux on this device? I think the hardware could run a lighter distro wonderfully but I was hoping someone might have some experience with this.

anon(9067851)

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I too share your interest in Linux or BSD on the Stream 7, and concur about using a light weight distro being best, however the problem comes down to what Window Manager to use as I'd be imagining that most of the light weight ones such as LXDE and XFCE would be extremely awkward and unnatural to use on a tablet, especially in a 7" sized form factor compared to that of Gnome 3, KDE4/5 and Unity 7/8. None of the latter of which are considerable for lite weight use, but would lend themselves better for tablet usage. So its a "Can't have your cake and eat it too" situation. However Android x86 would be worth looking into. Issues there though are hardware accelerated video card drivers and wifi drivers. I think Ubuntu with Unity 7 ran okay enough when I had tried it several months ago. Worth a try too. Hope this helps. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion