Newer builds on a Stream 7

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have 10162 running on my touch screen laptop and I think it looks good, better than 10130 but it could also be I have had a bit more time to play with it especially using tablet mode.

This got me thinking it could be time to try it on a tablet. I have a Surface 3 pro, original Surface pro and the Stream 7 and I reckon if it works well on the Stream it would work well on the larger tablets.

Also if it goes on the Stream I can easily take it to work and have more time to test it out.

So any one got 10162 on a Stream and got any comments?

And how long did it take to install in the first place?

Llordy

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am quite curious as well. I have a pretty good 16gb Windows 8.1 tablet and have been wondering if any of the recent build become compatible with any compressed OS devices. So far, to install the preview, one has to do a clean install and reformat all the partitions, which consumes more that 14gb of space rather than the 3.7gb of Windows 8.1 compressed version. Windows 10 is looking great for tablet. I hope that Microsoft makes the file explorer more touch friendly (remove close, minimise and maximise buttons; and single click to open files and folders) in the future.:smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Answered my own question, I put 10162 on the Stream 7 yesterday and have had a bit of time to play with it, and to be honest am delighted so far, if only Skype wasn't desktop mode only (You try using the desktop version on a 7 inch tablet, or almost any tablet for that matter).

On my laptop I was tending to look at it from the desktop view, but put it in tablet mode on a tablet and it actually makes sense.

Very tempted to go full steam ahead now and just go 10 on everything.

And the install was reasonable given I was downloading over wi-fi and the stream isn't the fastest beast.

THE_Lawnboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am in the process of trying to install 10166 on my Stream 7 and the installation appears to have stalled. The last time I saw anything on the screen, it was the circular % diagram indicating something around 40% of the files had been copied. The next time I looked at it, the screen was blank. It had already rebooted once during the process, so I figured it was doing it again (as the install screen said the device would reboot several times during the install process).

It has now been on a black screen for maybe an hour. Is this normal? It doesn't feel like it. BTW - I was installing via Windows Upgrade, not ISO file from a USB drive.

UPDATE: Never mind! Son of a *****! The thing was just asleep if you can believe that. I had it plugged into the power supply, but it still put itself to sleep in the middle of an update because I hadn't touched it. I finally got sick of waiting after about 4 hours and pressed the power button. It woke up right where it had left off and resumed installation. So all you Stream 7 owners out there be aware of this.

Last edited:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am in the process of trying to install 10166 on my Stream 7 and the installation appears to have stalled. The last time I saw anything on the screen, it was the circular % diagram indicating something around 40% of the files had been copied. The next time I looked at it, the screen was blank. It had already rebooted once during the process, so I figured it was doing it again (as the install screen said the device would reboot several times during the install process).

It has now been on a black screen for maybe an hour. Is this normal? It doesn't feel like it. BTW - I was installing via Windows Upgrade, not ISO file from a USB drive.

UPDATE: Never mind! Son of a *****! The thing was just asleep if you can believe that. I had it plugged into the power supply, but it still put itself to sleep in the middle of an update because I hadn't touched it. I finally got sick of waiting after about 4 hours and pressed the power button. It woke up right where it had left off and resumed installation. So all you Stream 7 owners out there be aware of this.

set power options to "never" :)

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if you guys could help, I am currently running build 10074 (I know a few build behind) and need help updating it even though when I check for updates it say it's up to date.
Hp stream 7

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Answered my own question, I put 10162 on the Stream 7 yesterday and have had a bit of time to play with it, and to be honest am delighted so far, if only Skype wasn't desktop mode only (You try using the desktop version on a 7 inch tablet, or almost any tablet for that matter).

Easiest solution is to download the Skype Translator beta. It's built on the modern Skype app.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys had any problems with auto rotation? Upgraded and ran a full system refresh on mine, now no auto rotation. Attempted to install the Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver from HP and no dice.

Edit: BIOS Update, fixed.​

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you open up Action Center and click on "Rotation Lock"... that should unlock your screen.

I updated my Stream 8 to released 10. Seems to work good, for the most part. Video drivers could be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077