Get Windows 10 App

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on a DV8P running 8.1 (I have not installed any preview builds) and I have not received the Get Windows 10 icon in my taskbar. I know there are some threads in other forums on this topic generally, but I wanted to see if other DV8P owners have received the app or if my problem was isolated. I have tried all the fixes I am aware of including making sure I have received all Windows and Dell updates and downloading and running the dropbox file that seems to be posted in every thread.

Anybody have the same issue? Any advice?

TortugaOnline

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi there! I was wondering the same thing. My SP3 got the "Get Windows 10 App" about a month ago or so. But on my Dell Venue 8 Pro I still haven't seen anything. I also tried most of the fixes but no luck.

Maybe it is a general problem with this device? Or are there DVP8 user who got the update app?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if getting the app means all the required updates have been installed? I gave my DV8 to my daughter a while ago and she never updated so I have been doing them repeatedly and one after one for the past three days. I have no idea how far back she was or how many I need, but today I got the Get Win 10 App on the taskbar. Hoping that means I've finally got all the necessary updates.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if getting the app means all the required updates have been installed? I gave my DV8 to my daughter a while ago and she never updated so I have been doing them repeatedly and one after one for the past three days. I have no idea how far back she was or how many I need, but today I got the Get Win 10 App on the taskbar. Hoping that means I've finally got all the necessary updates.

So you got the app, but that doesn't mean it will upgrade to Windows 10 straight away. You'll still have to wait for the compressed installation due to it being a WIMBOOT install. The compressed upgrade is a bit delayed, but you can actually upgrade now to Windows 10 Home (not Single Language) via USB install. It will upgrade to Windows 10 compressed installation but by doing so will delete your Windows 8.1 recovery because WIMBOOT = recovery files.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. If the waiting for the upgrade will do the same as forcing it now via a USB install, I'll wait a bit. I already have Win 10 running on my Surface Pro 3, a desktop and I'm running the preview on my Lumia 930.

Another question, how do you find the DV8 stylus in Win 10? I had given the tablet to my daughter and haven't been using it until just picking it up again to update and play with it. I recall the stylus being very hinky and almost unusable. I really like being able to annotate web pages in Edge on my Surface, does it work as well with the DV8 stylus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786