W10 production build - no Landscape mode & Windows button not working ?

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Having had, then lost, my W10 reservation option like many others, I searched around a few Microsoft sites before finding a link to install Windows 10 onto my Stream7, and I have to say everything is working fine, except the two items above.

From my About screen - Edition: Windows 10 Home Product ID: 00179-68650-84766-AAOEM

1. My screen is permanently in Portrait mode and will not rotate to Landscape (irrespective of whether in the new 'tablet' mode or not)

2. My Windows button at the bottom of the device does nothing when pressed.

My guess is that I'm missing some HP drivers to make the device 'think' it's a tablet, rather than just a regular laptop, but I can't see anything on the HP pages anywhere. I did download and install the HP Support Assistant tool earlier today, but that made no difference either.

Anyone got any thoughts ?

Thanks, Si

Francisco Medina1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I spend the same, you have to find the drivers on the website of HP. After installing the button works and you can rotate the screen.I spend the same, you have to find the drivers on the website of HP. After installing the button works and you can rotate the screen. The drivers are the 8.1 but were updated on 29/07 for outputting Windows 10 so work perfectly.

Jonathan Lyman

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
So you are saying that we need to install the latest windows 8.1 drivers on windows 10?
Makes no sense to me and if what you say is true why HP only have one useless driver in the Windows 10 section?

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Sorry - this was in another forum as well, so forgot to reply to this one that loading the 8.1 drivers cures the above problems. All working fine - thanks.

Newcron

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I found that my Stream 7 stuck in landscape mode after an upgrade to Windows 10, but I immediately noticed that there is a new 'rotation lock' toggle on the 'quick setting' screen (swipe left on right side) that's turned on by default. I simply just toggled this off and my screen rotation worked perfectly again afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999