Install Windows cleanly and this happened

Francisco Medina1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello, first sorry for my bad English.
I have a HP Stream 7 and after upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed some problems, bugs. So, I run the .ISO and select the option to not retain any type of file, before that the system occupied 11.2 gb / 28.7 gb and after installation of the new "clean system" and the drivers the system occupied 12.4 gb / 28.7 gb.
Curiously cleanly install the system and drivers on my laptop and only occupied 9.63 gb.
Someone could explain why this happens and if there are ways that the system occupies less on my Tablet? I don't care what weigh on my laptop because I have a lot of memory there, but my tablet have very little space.

Freebyte

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Can you clarify a little? Do you mean that during the first install, you used the upgrade method and decided to "keep nothing"? and then the second time you installed you actually deleted the partitions and start 100% fresh?

Freebyte

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Actually, I just came across this article. Seems to state that the WIMboot compression they used to make Windows 8.1 with Bing so small is obsolete, as Windows 10 is tinier than 8.1, plus it can make itself even smaller on tiny drives like our 32gb SSD. AWESOME!

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
After upgrade with nothung to keep i had 16,5gb/32gb emmc. Does it mean that after i clean install w10 i will have more space available?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Right now with W10 and a few apps and all updates, the clean install takes about 10GB on my Venue 8 Pro. When I say clean I literally had to use a USB hub and keyboard mouse to whack the partitions and reinstall windows and all the drivers including touch.

Francisco Medina1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Can you clarify a little? Do you mean that during the first install, you used the upgrade method and decided to "keep nothing"? and then the second time you installed you actually deleted the partitions and start 100% fresh?

The first update from the Windows Update keeping all my data. The second time I did from the .ISO I did not keep any data for it to be cleaner.
I have never gone to the partitions, I have no USB keyboard to do it

Freebyte

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs