Windows 10 on Dell Tablet

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets. One is an early 32GB model and the other is a year newer and has 64GB. In preparation for Win10, I carefully kept both tablets updated through MS and thru Dell.

It took a long time, but the MS button finally ended up on the taskbar of each. About a week after launch, Win10 installed on both tablets with no problems.

Maybe the "rolling upgrade" just hasn't reached you yet.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets. One is an early 32GB model and the other is a year newer and has 64GB. In preparation for Win10, I carefully kept both tablets updated through MS and thru Dell.

It took a long time, but the MS button finally ended up on the taskbar of each. About a week after launch, Win10 installed on both tablets with no problems.

Did you ever have a problem with those tablets no waking from sleep? My 32 does it. I have to do a hard shut down then reboot. Frustrating time I'm having with Windows based tablets.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I have never had that problem. Sometimes when the DV8P is fully shutdown I have to hold the button down for >10 seconds 3 times to turn it on though.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never had that problem. Sometimes when the DV8P is fully shutdown I have to hold the button down for >10 seconds 3 times to turn it on though.
I wish I had that. I could have it open in an app like DailyAha and sit it down for a minute. The screen goes black but when I go to wake it, I only get sort of black glow but no image. Now I have to hold the button until it shuts down, then boot up. Probably going to be the last Dell venue 8 I'll own for sure but for now, I'm looking for answers.

Aaqib_Afzal

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I wish I had that. I could have it open in an app like DailyAha and sit it down for a minute. The screen goes black but when I go to wake it, I only get sort of black glow but no image. Now I have to hold the button until it shuts down, then boot up. Probably going to be the last Dell venue 8 I'll own for sure but for now, I'm looking for answers.

Hi Jazmac

I know exactly what your experiencing, this issue is due to the latest graphics drivers that was received via windows updates. I had this same exact problem and rectified the problem.

This is due to the latest graphics drivers you received through Windows Updates. What you will need to do is basically go into device manage, then graphic adapter properties and then roll back to previous version of your drivers. Also make sure not to install the new update as it will show up again under Windows Updates

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jazmac

I know exactly what your experiencing, this issue is due to the latest graphics drivers that was received via windows updates. I had this same exact problem and rectified the problem.

This is due to the latest graphics drivers you received through Windows Updates. What you will need to do is basically go into device manage, then graphic adapter properties and then roll back to previous version of your drivers. Also make sure not to install the new update as it will show up again under Windows Updates

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Thanks for the response. I read somewhere that a driver I installed via an update may be causing it. If it happened to you and you resolved it, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I have not had problem like that...I have 4 windows tablets. Two are DV8P and 2 are Asus ME400C. Both Dell's work fine.

The Asus Vivotab Smart tabs can not upgrade to Windows 10. The Bloodsuckers at Intel have refused to update the drivers for the Graphics Media Accelerator

Intel thinks that they can increase profit by refusing to update older stuff and then they get to sell more new computers.

prageeth sachu

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Plz tell me how you do that