How's your ThinkPad 8 coming along with Windos 10...

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

Not much happening in this thread so let's see if it can come back to life.

I bought the TP8 a couple of weeks ago and am quite happy. Running the latest 1511 build and no complaints. Battery is alright also. Only strange thing is at wakeup, it shows the screen then goes black, shows the welcome screen again and only then I can enter my PIN.

Any other experiences to share?

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
What you might want to do is update from 8.1 to 10 in order to get the activation and then do a clean install.

I went from 8.1 to W10 official release and then to W10 November update and obviously the tablet didn't like this. The day before yesterday, I don't know why, I got problems with the touchscreen (didn't react or reacted imprecise) so I did a factory restore. Now the Thinkpad is reactive and snappy. I also have the impression that battery is better.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a player at all and easily get through the day. Off the charger ~7h30 AM and put it back on around 11h30 PM with 20-30% left depending on my use. I mainly use it for internet, blogs and forum reading, a bit of solitaire from time to time, quite light use I guess.

Wajeeh Maaz

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Also have you tried running games like Skyrim on it? I plan on using it to play Skyrim on my TV from time to time(low settings and on charging of course)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa