Does anyone's wifi work?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
venue 8 pro WiFi Issues - After Windows Update - DON NOT INSTALL KB2903939 - Windows Mobile Products - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

Dell Venue Pro loses wireless connection after installing Windows - Microsoft Community

And now I am on 10?and it still ****ting out every week orso to where I need to reinstall the drivers. Anyone have a seamless W10experience on this tablet? Seamless W8.1 experience?

I was really considering an XPS 13 but this is reallyturning me off Dell.
Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Damn. This has been an issue on mine forever... I must be putting the wrong driver on mine as it has happened even after a few fresh installs.

... Or bad hardware... Which makes me weary of the xps. The dvp is so tight, the fit and finish. Ugh.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So since moving to Windows 10 starting from the beta, I've always randomly had some wifi issues, there was one that would not reconnect after sleep, which was fixed at some point. That said, the only thing I still occasionally have is that while the toggle switch shows "on" there are no wifi networks available. The only fix I've found for this was to disabled the wifi driver from Network Devices, then re-enable and reboot. After that it usually comes back on when it starts up. Typically I only have this when trying to use "Airplane" Mode but it has happened seemingly at random every now and then.

P4geD0wn

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
on windows 10 I need to disable and then enable wifi adapter in device manager every single time after waking up from sleep that is longer than 5min. I had problems on 8.1 as well but on win10 they happen way more often. But is not just wifi. The split screen in tablet mode does not work. Start screen is glitchy and some times it does not show tiles, until you tap the screen.....
I have the 2013 edition with z3740D soc

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
on windows 10 I need to disable and then enable wifi adapter in device manager every single time after waking up from sleep that is longer than 5min. I had problems on 8.1 as well but on win10 they happen way more often. But is not just wifi. The split screen in tablet mode does not work. Start screen is glitchy and some times it does not show tiles, until you tap the screen.....
I have the 2013 edition with z3740D soc

Strange ... haven't found much more info on this, but it still happens. I loved this tab on 8.1 ugh.

chevypad

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
For those who read this, there's a new driver released on 4/8/16 which might fix this. Also, on tabletpcreview's forums and in dell support boards you can find references to a team who installed an LG tablet's driver which uses the same hardware, but does not seem to have the same bugs.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Dell's 2015 driver fixes the Wifi. if you are still having troubles, disable low power mode as most routers will not play nice with that.... I had issues until that driver was installed when it was running 8.1 after that no more issues even when I installed 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99