[Real Users] My Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I did the windows updates, but you seem to be mentioning "samsung update". Is there a Samsung application that I have to run to get the Samsung firmware & driver updates? All I found on Samsung's website was an updated USB driver which I installed, even though the download file had "mobile phone" in the filename. :(

yes its called Samsung Update i have an icon on my desktop, seems to always be an update lol. but i havent used my pro in a few weeks. Now that fall semester has started i will be using it alot more.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So guys how is battery in sleep mode? Is there any drain?
Battery drains when its completely shutdown. :l nuff said...

I just got mine back from samsung repair. And they supposedly fixed it. i shut it down at 100 and powered back up the next day and it says 89. The drop is not as significant as before which would be almost 50% depletion.

Its the only samsung product i regret buying. And i own ALOT of samsung things. Wish there was some way they would take it back and give me my money but i bought the tablet when it first came out. Guess shouldve waited.

neten17

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Battery drains when its completely shutdown. :l nuff said...

I just got mine back from samsung repair. And they supposedly fixed it. i shut it down at 100 and powered back up the next day and it says 89. The drop is not as significant as before which would be almost 50% depletion.

Its the only samsung product i regret buying. And i own ALOT of samsung things. Wish there was some way they would take it back and give me my money but i bought the tablet when it first came out. Guess shouldve waited.

That sucks. Is there a possibility you have a defective unit or all the tab pros are like that battery wise?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. Is there a possibility you have a defective unit or all the tab pros are like that battery wise?
It wasnt like this at first. And samsung just did repair on it. Might be the unit itself. Will have to contact samsung again let em know batt still depleates while powered completely down

Aleksey Beliy

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine does this also but this is not a Samsung problem this is a windows issue. We tested the surface pro and it did this much more drastically as well as the Dell variant. This is the one thing I don't like about the windows tablet compared to android or IOS. I am researching now about the different sleep states that can be enabled to help save battery life. Quick thing I did in power settings was to set it to hibernate after an hour of sleep. Its not ideal but it saves a lot more battery than before.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this also but this is not a Samsung problem this is a windows issue. We tested the surface pro and it did this much more drastically as well as the Dell variant. This is the one thing I don't like about the windows tablet compared to android or IOS. I am researching now about the different sleep states that can be enabled to help save battery life. Quick thing I did in power settings was to set it to hibernate after an hour of sleep. Its not ideal but it saves a lot more battery than before.

its normal for battery to deplete while completely shut down like start >> power >> shut down? understandable if i just closed the tablet with keyboard or let it sit there and have it sleep on its on but shut down naw. Everytime i need my tablet i have to wait for it to charge its a waste of time and now feels like a waste of money. another $20 out of pocket that Samsung wont pay back for me to ship it back to them. grrr.

Sir4o

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
There is no such thing as not supported, anything made by humans can be broken by humans.
Open up your registry -> HKU -> Select_your_user_id (like S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
there you should see Samsung -> SamsungSettings-> DimmingOption -> chnage the Interval REG_DWORD value accordingly. I've set it up to 100 minutes.
Cheers :)

FredKern

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
I have the tabpro s meanwhile over a year. Still I haven't found out, how to start that damn thing. Manual says, push start button some seconds. Well, how much are some seconds? Hundreds? Thousands? Where can I see, that it has already started? Sometimes I sit several minutes pushing that fuxxing start button. Then the message pops up, that windows was not shut down properly ???? WTF!
Next tablet will definately another brand, not that **** again.

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Gents - anyone here kindly upload your recovery disk? I created myself then wiped the HD to load a fresh one. the problem now is I lost the freaking usb stick!!!! that recovery I believe is like 23gb in total of Samsung crap..

Hello ad78, same case 3 years later, do you have a copy of your recovery disk? It would be great. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb