Stream 7 and the window 10 redstone update this summer.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
So I take it with the revelation that the red stone update has set a lower requirement of 2GB memory we will not be able to get that update on the stream 7? Sad I was actually enjoying windows 10 and looking forward to the improvements. Oh well.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Until further word from Microsoft on this, that seems to be the case, but we'll see. How does it perform on the Insider Redstone builds?

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Stream 7 with the fast ring builds (including 14393, the probable RTM build) - it's fine.

I think the new policy is that Microsoft will refuse to certify new devices as Windows 10 ready (or allow OEM's to sell them with 10 installed) unless they have 2GB of RAM. I haven't seen any evidence that they'll withdraw the ability to manually install it on <2GB devices.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
I've been using my Stream 7 with the fast ring builds (including 14393, the probable RTM build) - it's fine.

I think the new policy is that Microsoft will refuse to certify new devices as Windows 10 ready (or allow OEM's to sell them with 10 installed) unless they have 2GB of RAM. I haven't seen any evidence that they'll withdraw the ability to manually install it on <2GB devices.

Cool, I'm hoping this is the case but the original article had me worried.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the automatic update yet? I know there are several manual ways but they seem to take way too much space.

skaramanga

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting (im)patiently for the update, and nothing so far!

I'm tempted by one of the other methods, like the upgrade assistant, but it says it needs 16GB free space!!

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
I'm waiting (im)patiently for the update, and nothing so far!

I'm tempted by one of the other methods, like the upgrade assistant, but it says it needs 16GB free space!!

yeah me too but I am thinking the longer it goes that it wont ever come to the devices that don't meet the new specs :(

lokhor

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated my HP Stream 7 to the anniversary update by using the media creation installer. Now the touchscreen, audio, auto rotation don't work. also can't read the SD Card.

I tried reinstalling the official drivers but not having much luck.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
I updated my HP Stream 7 to the anniversary update by using the media creation installer. Now the touchscreen, audio, auto rotation don't work. also can't read the SD Card.

I tried reinstalling the official drivers but not having much luck.
Well there is one vote for not forcing it.. Thanks!

Jiffybag

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I've updated through normal means (Update in Settings) to 1607, and the following issues occurred;

- The sensor for screen rotation stopped working (fixed: in Device Manager, search for driver for the 'unknown device' that's appeared)

- Had to reinstall all the apps whose icons disappeared on the start menu (probably could have just unpinned, but wanted to be sure), there were 10 or thereabouts

dcmal

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I was stuck on 10240 and unable to get 16 GB free space to run the update assistant. Instead, I reset the device (to a previous version of 10240), and then had 14 GB free. However, after resetting, the auto rotate did not work anymore. In any way, I then ran the media creation installer (which requires 8 GB). With the anniversary update, I now have 15 GB free space, but the auto screen rotation still doesn't work although the device was detected. Audio, touchscreen and SD card work.

Last edited:

dcmal

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why I didn't it find the first time round yesterday... anyway installing the gyro drivers from the hp website solved the auto-rotate problem.

driazen

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
Just got mine via the Settings>update. I guess I was on the super duper way slow ring of the roll out. First time thru it stalled and restored, second time it worked fine.

nordnord

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I too had problems, did a system restore and went back... now I want to hold off until the next round of updates when hopefully they will fix 1607's problems. I changed my wifi settings to metered, so it will not automatically update any longer, but here is where I'm at with versions.

Updates are available.
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3192441).
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

I would like to do the 1511 update, but stop 1607 from installing. Any ideas?

Tks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss