Samsung Galaxy TabPro S - Can't reduce the screen brightness, how do I do it?

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy TabPro S - Can't reduce the screen brightness

Has anyone had this problem?
I go to System/Settings, Display
There is a scroll bar under Adjust brightness level
Whatever I scroll it to, it doesn't change.
There is a On/Off button below that for "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes"
No matter if that is On or Off, the brightness doesn't change, and if I scroll the Adjust brightness level scrollbar, nothing changes.
Help

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy TabPro S - Can't reduce the screen brightness

There is a On/Off button below that for "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes"
No matter if that is On or Off, the brightness doesn't change, and if I scroll the Adjust brightness level scrollbar, nothing changes.
Help

the light sensor might be faulty or dirty

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Help

I have got the same issue, now on current build for Release Preview and with newest drivers. I think it occurred after the update of the graphics driver but I was unable to confirm anything since I got mine just today and was busy downloading updates.

A fine device but I hope its quirks will be rather small.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Ok, now I tried it and luckily my suspicion seems to be correct: with the old driver (reminds me of my old Iconia W510) one is able to change the screen brightness with Windows itself. Also, the screen brightness changes again when I cover the light sensor which is not happening when using the new driver. (And there seems to be another issue with the new driver: when the screen gets dimmed via Galaxy Settings then it gets never as bright as before until it went off and on.)

But there seems to be some incompatibility that this feature got disabled for this OLED panel; like the first time as I started the device, the screen now again has a kind of flashing when its brightness is set quite low and there is a white background on the screen.

Last edited:

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

I seemingly corrected the issue by changing the driver back to original via Device Manager (like I wrote in my preceding post) and then installing the new Intel driver via Samsung Update and not via Windows Update. I do not know if installing via Samsung Update was the solution or the whole process of changing the driver and reinstalling it or simply a stroke of luck this time.

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem I picked up a used tab pro s yesterday and reset to factory. Screen was at full brightness until the Samsung utility updated the driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb