Car install

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, have just purchased a HP Stream 7 and am going to install it in the center console of my Evo. Have a couple of questions:

Has anyone installed their 7 in the center console of their car?! Thinking of attempting soemthink like this
Have read about OTG hubs and have ordered one to attach the various pieces needed to make this work in the car :4 Port Micro USB 2.0 OTG Charger HUB. - does anyone know if this works for charging.

With the 7, can it be set to power on when power is applied and power off when removed (eg: when the car is turned on power will be sent to the hub via the cigarette socket - can the tablet be set to turn on aswell?)

There are a few things that I have no clue about. The build I referenced uses a "4 Channel Amplifier" - will I need this if I want to play music through the car speakers (guessing yes).

If a phone is connected via bluetooth can the calls be routed through the tablet?

Is there an inbuilt FM radio in the 7. Have looked and can find no reference to it. Can I simply install a FM app or would I need a FM+DAB Radio Tuner Receiver and will this one work with the 7? Can pick up these adapters: coax and adapter

Any guidance would be great as I have never done something like this before.

Thanks.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
BUMPING this up.

Can anyone advise if there is n FM radio in W10?

In case anyone is interested, the OTG cable worked for charging and attaching devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett