What's that keyboard like on the MateBook?

Zephnath

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
@Zephnath (or anyone else) - what's that keyboard like built into the cover of the MateBook? Up to your standards or lacking in some areas?

The keyboard unfortunately, for me anyway, is the biggest pitfall of the Matebook. On a solid surface it works, and is fairly decent. But as soon as you place it on an uneven surface like your lap you start to notice problems with stability and even usability.

I often experience the tablet falling backward or forward when typing on my lap. While typing on your lap it feels fairly wobbly. I also have a problem with the touch pad when the keyboard is raised or not completely flush with the surface it is laying on. In those instances the touchpad seems to think it is being clicked and will not release until the keyboard is flush again.

The tablet aside from that has great performance and I absolutely love the form factor. That keyboard though is not what I was hoping for.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It must be really hard to built a keyboard like that... one that is sturdy and functional. Suppose if you don't need the keyboard much, it's not that big of a deal.

Still, sexy looking hardware, no doubt about it!

pasthul

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Matebook and have to say that I am really enjoying and hopefully the battery is going to be better than many of the reviews that I have read. As far as the keyboard, for me this is a great keyboard for typing notes, email and documents. Not sure about how I like the two different placements it gives the screen, but I have not taken this out in the wild yet as I got it yesterday. Anyway, kinda wish these forums for the Matebook were more active.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos