15" 4K 2017 Spectre - Wifi/Miricast/Creators Update

mb2k

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Wonder if any one can help or tell me if they have the same issue.

I've had the 15" 4k Spectre 360 for a few weeks and use screen share (Miracast) a lot. Prior to updating to WCU, I got full wifi speed, but after updating to WCU my wifi speed on Miracast now drops to <5Mbs down / 150Mbs up. (using Bing Speed Test)

When I roll back to the previous version of Windows, i get full 150/150 on Miracast. I've tried updating a few more times, but same thing every time. I've reached out to MS, Intel, and HP and none were able to help. Tried exchanging laptop, same.

Makes WCU unusable to me since I often play files off a server when on Miracast. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Now I don't know what it is, but there is some weird little TCP/IP commandline setting that is to do with optimising tcp/ip. I believe from memory, sometimes an update will cause this optimisation to go out of wack, and it needs to be turned down/off.

I know that's totally not helpful, and maybe I've got the details wrong but it might be a start, if someone else around here has a clue what I am rambling about...

mb2k

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks to you Drael646464,

After reading your suggestion about optimizing tcp/ip I did some digging around and found a difference between WUA and WCU.

When my laptop updated to WCU the "Receive Segment Coalescing State" was set to enabled. I found out that before the update to WCU, this was set to disabled. I ran "netsh int tcp set global rsc=disabled" in admin mode and verified via "netsh int tcp show rsc". Sure enough, my wifi on Miracast is a full 150/150. I did a factory reset, updated to WUA, then updated to WCU to make sure some of the other changes I had been tinkering with weren't was caused the fix. After all HP and MS updates were complete, I verified that the RSC value was again changed from disabled to enabled and my Miracast wifi upload was again at <5Mbs. Disabled RSC and I'm now again at full 150/150.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help as this has been driving me nuts and neither HP, Intel or MS was of any help. I hope disabling RSC doesn't create further problems but I can now run WCU with no problems which was important to me because this laptop was basically set up to shine on WCU.

Thanks again!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro