Matepen alternatives

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
What tech does it use? There are sort of 3/4 around. Wacom, which was the original Surfaces, and of course the whole Wacom thing. (They have more than one tech, BTW). Ntrig, which was older HPs, and now Surfaces since MS bought them. Synaptics which are known for touchpads, pens not so much. I think Dell used this. Then there is that proprietary Apple thing, which is unique to them.

If you don't know what it uses, find someone with a new Surface pen and try it (NTrig). If that doesn't work, finde someone with a Samsung Note, 6-7-8, (Wacom). I'd bet one of those works. Then you can look for options. Wacom actually sells a new pen that works with either the old Wacom and new NTrig versions of Surfaces, and the assorted other tablets that use those technologies.

Incidentally the 10" NuVision tablet sold in the MS store uses NTrig and the Surface styluses work fine on it and vice-versa. I'd bet the MateBook uses either Wacom or NTrig. Once you know, it makes it easier to search for options. There are more options for Wacom, but Surface NTrig compatible is showing up more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786