Can 120 Hz refresh HP's in Sure View screen option be used independently of the privacy function?

IPhonebegone

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I am buying an HP Spectre x360 13" which currently offers the Privacy Sure View as an option for only $60. Trying to understand the part in Mr. Rubino's article on this site (https://www.windowscentral.com/review-hp-sure-view-privacy-screen-elitebook) about Sure View's 120hz refresh which is far from clear to me from the article. Can the enhanced refresh rate be set and used independently of the privacy function? From the screenshot in the article it appears that the refresh rate can be set at 120hz via the HD Graphics Control Panel whereas I understand the Privacy Shure View is engaged via the function keys.

Assuming I could use the 120hz refresh setting with Sure View off, would I gain anything in image quality by doing so?

Or is the enhanced refresh rate mostly a means to mitigate the extent to which the image quality is reduced while in Sure View on mode? (Although Mr. Rubino's article states that Sure View off vs Sure View on is virtually indistinguishable when viewed directly, that's not supported by the photos in the article which appear to show a significantly darker and sharper image with Sure View off).

Can Mr. Rubino or someone who actually has used one of these Sure View screens answer my questions? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99