Creating windows 10 Installation media, option to use usb doesnt show up

julieblanchard

Jun 25, 2019
Visit site
It just keeps telling me I need another 8gbs on C:. Which is my main problem, I've run out of storage space, and wanted to do a clean install of windows 10.I'll add I have a 8gbs usb connected. But it doesnt give me the option to use it. I'm using a HP Stream 8.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Try resetting, it's the same thing as a clean install if you choose not to keep personal files. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery

I think the problem you're having creating the install media is there's not enough free space on C:\ to download the install files, not that it doesn't recognize the USB drive.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It just keeps telling me I need another 8gbs on C:. Which is my main problem, I've run out of storage space, and wanted to do a clean install of windows 10.I'll add I have a 8gbs usb connected. But it doesnt give me the option to use it. I'm using a HP Stream 8.

You're going to need at least 16 GB on a usb stick for the latest updates, it was a pain in the rear upgrading my little siblings ASUS EeeBook E403.

Also run disk clean and run clean up system files if you haven't already in the past as the windows update back up files take alot of space along with other temporary junk.

One point to note the latest updates also include the download folder in the directories to be cleaned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss