CDMA Devices

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So we are starting to see a lot of activity in new devices showing up, however not one of them is CDMA. I am on Sprint and am starting to get concerned about the lack of any rumors of a CDMA device. Anyone hear of anything, anyone else on Sprint or VZW concerned?

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
not on sprint or verizon. Verizon has eoled all their current crop of winmo 6.1 and 6.5 devices and from the looks of it one could make a case that they are on the sidelines to see if WP7 makes it or goes the down KIN street. There continue to be persistent rumors of a cdma iphone as well. I am thinking WP7 is going to be a good os and will make it big. Sprint may be waiting on the wings as well. By the way its "a lot" not "alot".

ajac09

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
sprint isnt on the side lines leaks on the 1 (or maybe 2 or more I am not sure) will be coming soon. One maybe the htc hd7 and another maybe something similar to the touch pro 2. Maybe the touch pro 7 series or something.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, if HTC did put a CDMA version of the HD3/HD7, whatever they are going to call it, that would be amazing. I am not holding my breath though, I guess I will just wait and see what Sprint decides to do.

I just know I am ready to throw my BB Tour in a lake! =)

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
This is what Sprint said to the press in February (Verizon was silent):

Sprint and Microsoft have had a 15-year-plus relationship together. And we believe that the Windows Phone 7 Series will continue that relationship into a new decade.We look forward to adding multiple phones to our portfolio and to giving consumers a rich experience across multiple different devices on the Now Network. At Sprint, many of our users have come to rely on and enjoy data experiences for work and play. This is a platform that is very accessible for advanced users as well new users. We believe that the Windows Phone 7 Series will tie together a multimedia experience, a gaming experience and a rich user interface that's easy to use -- and that's what Sprint customers have come to expect.

My advice: wait till October 11th in NYC when Microsoft holds their Open House event (we'll be there)--that's when you'll see announcements from U.S. carriers.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree regarding Sprint. I think that we're going to have fun choosing between one or two nice WP7 phones and one or two new HPalm WebOS 2.0 devices. I certainly hope that's the case and would welcome that decision.

Anyone else thinking that nice hardware with a qwerty running WebOS 2.0 would be a tough decision over nice hardware with a qwerty running WP7?

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
MS is going with AT&T and T-Mob first. We'll have to see what Verizon and Sprint do. Hopefully Sprint doesn't wait too long, but they're adding a lot more Androids to their lineup and I bet that they get new HP Palms first - or at least among the first. If they push Android and Palm, with a few Blackberries on the side, maybe they won't jump on WP7 too soon. Surely the Wall St Journal news that Verizon will have the iPhone in 2011 has them concerned about which platforms to push.

ronbo2000

Retired *****istrator
Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I wonder how long before TMo actually announces the WP7 device. They have been pushing hard on andriod devices plus BB's.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, alot of great news yesterday. I am pretty thrilled that HTC was on hand and announced the HTC 7 Pro for Sprint. I was pretty surprised they would even say anything about any CDMA devices since it still next year before we will see them.

My question on the 7 Pro though, will this be a global phone? I certainly hope so, as that would be a deal breaker if it wasn't. But I do love the slide out keyboard and screen tilt. I was really hoping whatever Sprint got would have a physical keyboard.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, it looks like the HTC 7 Pro will indeed be a global phone:

http://www.i4u.com/40785/htc-7-pro-details-analyzed

Ugh, I am not really sure what to think at this point. Other sites are saying that there will be two different versions of the phone, CDMA and GSM. So does anyone have the real data on this device for Sprint? Will it be a global phone, or will we have to wait months longer for a decent device, 2H11?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the HTC 7 Pro will be CDMA only. Not a good sign for things to come. We need a global WP7 device on Sprint! What is HTC/Sprint thinking? Sprint needs to demand this from their manufacturer partners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750