Tethering

rgraines

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been a fan of Windows Mobile for years, but after buying the HTC Surround, I find there is no tethering. Can anyone help with a workaround for this problem?

rgraines

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
thanks, but I do like the sound system on the Surround. I looked into the Focus' tethering and it is a real work around. From what I have read it is "sometimes" works. Further, it is a process that must be repeated with each connection. I would prefer a permanent fix. Still looking......

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just keep on eye on WPC and Engadget. News of the Focus being tetherable made the front page on both, I'm sure the Surround will be the same.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...

I Dial ##634## and it just says Session terminated... I can not get into this mode.

From a Focus

EDITED:

Opps... its ##634# (not ## at end just 1 #)

but no Win7 x64 Drivers :(

Last edited:

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
thanks, but I do like the sound system on the Surround. I looked into the Focus' tethering and it is a real work around. From what I have read it is "sometimes" works. Further, it is a process that must be repeated with each connection. I would prefer a permanent fix. Still looking......

From my experience on mac osx its really easy after you do it once. Now that it's set up all i do is plug in the phone and hit connect on the computer and i'm on the internet. I haven't tried it on windows yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)