-Turn by turn services through Bing
-Ability to change ringtones
-Unified mailbox

radrguy

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Slacker Contest

I would like to see:

copy & paste (heard it's coming soon though - but wanted to include)
ability to add custom ringtones
unified mailbox
some new colors or patterns to use on main tiles & maybe option to make make certain tiles certain colors (not all same color)
weekly view on Calendar
fix on the microSD issues

Thanks!! Loving it so far though!!

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Is wp7 going to breathe new life in this forum?!?!? :rolleyes:
Where are the podcasts here lately? There's lots of news to talk about!!! :)

1. More multitasking
2. Flash support
3. TCPMP type player or update zune to allow .avi file watching
4. bing navigation
5. psx emulator
6. mp3 trimmer and allowance to use own ringtones
7. MORE live tiles, esp. twitter
8. espn scoreboard app
9. Flash support
10. Multitasking

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Fixes
Marketplace - search, freezing, crashing, inability to update apps
Music & Videos - crashing
Xbox Live - inability to log in
Camera - save settings

Additions
Hidden Wifi Support
Podcast downloading OTA
Mirror Zune HD functionality on Windows Phone - Smart DJ, Rating Songs, Channels, Social (remember "welcome to the social"?) etc.
People - Search, Smart Dial, Categories or Group Tagging, More/Custom Entry Fields
Tasks
Unified Inbox
E-mail Flagging
for Live/Hotmail Accounts
Custom Ringtones
Improve Volume Controls (System, Ringtones, Music)
Better Skydrive (and Live Sync/Mesh, Office 365/Live) Integration, especially for documents
Richer MS Office functionality and feature set
Bluetooth File Sharing
Bing - Image Search
Bing Maps - Public Transportation Directions
IE - folders for favorites, selective history deletion, url shortening
Twitter Integration
Screen Capture
Snooze Integrals for Alarms
Camera - timer, tap to focus; allow Windows Live Photo Gallery to see phone as device
Pictures - multiple deletion, support for tags, allow full resolution uploads on wifi
Manual wireless sync
Toast Notifications
- allow them to queue up and be accessible until dismissed

Windows Media Center, doesn't necessarily have to be integrated into OS but an app with EPG, dvr and rich remote functionality (what ever happened to Side Screen or whatever that feature was?, WP7 should be able to function as a secondary browsing screen for WMC)
Xbox integration - WP7 should be able to serve as a remote and chatpad (especially considering that a large chunk of xbox customers use their device solely for media and non-gaming services)
Zune integration - rich remote functionality, similar to that of the iTunes app

Some of the integration features that I'd like to see might require a culture change at Microsoft but I expect better integration of their services, esp if they're going to leverage the Windows (7) brand. I also understand that additional functionality often presents an issue of complexity, which can be especially troublesome since "dumb phone" users are part of Microsoft's target market. However, the mark of an excellent UI is to offer rich functionality in a manner that is elegant and intuitive, not cumbersome. Functionality and easiness can coexist on WP7, so long as Microsoft is willing to put in the work.

I've been keeping a list, so I'll be back with more...

techjunkieforlife

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm down with what everyone else is saying. Just one thing to add and it goes with custom ringtones and thats profiles, one clicking for a meeting or social for example. At least we have a quick toggle for ring to vibrate but I only found that by accident! Oh and when the app count creeps up, some kinda folder/tile grouping would be nice.

osu9400

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
WP7 is missing some key features that exist in 6.5.3 today.
1. Multitasking for 3rd party apps (I bet I'm the only one to state that feature)
2. copy/paste (again, I'm probably the only one asking for this :) )
3. The keyboard is too iphone like in the way you need to access an alternate keyboard for symbols and numbers. In 6.5.3, the alternate screens also exist, but if you need to enter a single number, you can press and hold a letter and the number will be used. You can also use this technique for the ? by holding down the e and so on and so on. Very efficient.
4. Customization options. Why can't I use a custom background or ringtone?
5. SMS thread coloring. Why are the to/from messages the same color?
6. More Live Tiles. This is one of the main selling points of WP7. Use it before Apple copies it.
7. Better phones. The current phones are ok, but I want something better with no slide out keys or speakers.
8. Turn by turn. The Bing nav feature in 6.5.3 is very impressive.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
1. an option to organize the current app list page and change it to a metro ui style with pivoting pages with titles like social, system, music, games, etc.

2. saving of wifi passwords. i have to re-enter my password every couple of days.

3. an option for a simple swipe to get to the lock screen from a black screen. pressing the power button to bring up the lock button can be annoying some times.

4. ability to forward texts

5. turn by turn navigation in bing.

6. blackberry style led notifications for texts, emails, etc.

ptb127

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Here are some of the things I wish it had..

1) 3rd Party Multitasking
2.) Copy and Paste
3.) Complete Zune HD experience (including channels, social, Smart DJ, etc.)
4.) Forwarding of texts
5.) More apps and better content in the apps
6.) ESPN Scorecenter and ESPN Radio apps(I know this isn't microsoft's doing but maybe they could encourage a little bit more)
7.) Custom Ringtones
8.) Twitter Integration

Also, fix some of the issues that are occuring with Marketplace, WiFi passwords needing to be re-entered every few days, and others

chief7#WP

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Here is my list:

1. Video upload
  2. Search Outlook directory like WM6
  3. Allow internet radio apps to play in background
  4. Cut and past
  5. Contextual home screen (work, home, out)

randy.carlson

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
major annoyances - lack of cut & paste, no way to backup SMS/MMS
minor annoyances - windows live contact fields are only loosely connected to WP7 contact fields "other number" and "website" entered online never make it to the phone.

johnstad

Nov 12, 2000
Visit site
Possible Feature Updates

What I would like to see...

1. Copy/Cut & Paste
2. Save to Skydrive...cloud based file integration.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I wound love to see more flexibility that won't require jailbreaking the device. There has to be full file system access. The latest video posted on this raises excitement for me since it's been one of the only things holding me back from getting a phone. So MS needs to allow a fully working windows explorer-like (gui can look however it wants as long as the features are there) option along with a means of opening the phone like a drive so syncing isn't the only way to get certain things on.

Multi tasking multi tasking multi tasking.

I have only seen a few things here an there lag on the Windows 7 phone, but MS could always make the code more efficient to gain even more speed out of the OS.

Ability to customize sound effects and ringtones. This is a major "I will stick my nose in the air and pout" problem for me. Of the many things I do in life, I am a audio technician so when it comes to sound, I customize EVERYTHING.

Of course they need to get their copy and paste features on!

Past that, I will have to wait till I get one before I can really judge it any further. I need to have a lot more hands on experience with the OS so I can really break it down and decide what I want to see added or improved :)

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
-Separate volume levels for ring, music on headphones, music over blue tooth, alarms etc.
-I unintentionally delete alarms a lot, I do not think I delete them, they just disappear when I click save
-Better control over vibe/ring settings

mbamenra

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
-SMS texts pop up in middle of screen (a la iphone), with ability to reply to them right there in the popup window without having to go into the SMS application (a la irealsms for jailbroken iphones)

- ability to expand the width of tiles from 1 tile width to 2 tile widths, or vice versa

- ability to expand the height of tiles

- turn off animations

- add 3D effects to the tiles

- 720p recording as default recording mode

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
to add-

1. ability to add incoming numbers to contacts

2. bing maps lacking features, options, and listings found in google maps mobile.

3. more sound ringtone and sound options. i set it to silent yet some apps still have chimes and bells when navigating through options.

Mardig

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Windows Phone Need List

There are a few things other than what has already been mentioned that should be added:

1) Tethering - Both USB and WiFi based with an app for each or one app to handle both. Something like WiFi Router would be great.

2) Support for video out. Today, we do not even know if our current devices (except LG Quantum) have hardware support for video out since there is no software support. Video out can come in a number of flavors: Analog video, via the 3.5mm jack or out of the micro USB plug, or digital video out of the USB plug. Frankly, I'd love to have both and would like to know if my Samsung Focus has hardware support for either of these.

3) Swipe Protection for capacitive soft buttons. Soft keys should only activate on pushes not on swipes. The device needs to recognize you have made a swiping action like in scrolling and the continuation of that swipe struck a soft key. By recognizing the swipe is not a push action, they could keep from activating the soft key function by mistake which happens frequently today. How many of you have been irritated by the easily activated soft keys. This type of OS level detection could at least minimize that problem.

4) Customization access outside of rooting. Face it, there are really a limited number of people who want to customize their phones. We are a very technical and vocal lot, and we could handle the complications. Microsoft should just provide us a backdoor that is not generally advertised to the public, but for those of us who want it, it would be there. At the very least, they could ignore customized rooted phones and not play oneupmanship with the developers by closing access methods each time someone finds a path in.

5) Put network activities in a lower level thread than the user interface, ie. User interface gets first priority. In places where signals degrade significantly or disappear there is a problem when the phone kind of becomes unresponsive while doing download activities. This happens in the main interface as it accesses facebook, in IE and in other apps that look for data. You should not feel you are stuck if you ask for a web page and loose signal. In this situation, I find myself wanting to back, leave the app or go back to the home screen in these situations, but the phone leaves you hanging while it is trying to unsuccessfully download the data. It eventually gives you back control, but in reality, it never should have become unresponsive in the first place.

Last edited:

RodBR85

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Contact Categories/Groups

HUGE thing!!

I would love to be able to categorize and/or sub-categorize my contacts, because I work in film, with people from all over the world.

For example, let's say I need to contact a producer/production company in London about a project I'm developing with producers in Brazil and Australia. I would love for each of those to be organized with my OTHER work contacts in their respective COUNTRY categories (i.e.: UK - Work - Production Companies, not necessarily in that order).That would be an amazing thing.

In a more general example, I would love to be able to separate my Work contacts from my Personal Contacts and my Facebook Contacts. It would just make life so much easier...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon