Slacker Radio Contest: WP7 Update wish list

anthonok

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont NEED full blown multitasking. Im getting my focus friday and will be leaving my iphone 4 behind. but im actually pretty content with the "multitasking" in ios4 if microsoft does something similar id be happy. Also i want custom text tones

mbamenra

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Ability for developers or OEMs to create borderless live tiles, so we wouldn't always have to see the same square tiles. Then maybe we could see that famous HTC Sense clock/weather live weather icon on a WP7 phone.

pastelero79

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ideas for updates

I think that most posts have a good list running of items to add. I have one suggestion that I have not seen. It was something that I ran into when I got my HD7.

I had the assumption that Microsoft MyPhone would be able to transfer my contacts and saved data to WP7. I have since found out that it cannot. There is a work-around if you use hotmail/windows live. But at the time, I used gmail and did not think of using Windows live to transfer contacts. (It is advised that you use Windows Live or MyPhone, not both with 6.X)

I think there could be better tools and pathways for users from various platforms to migrate to WP7. There will be iPhone, Android, and even WP6.X people that want to come aboard. Having a simplifed setup for migration would help alot of people that are not phone-centric start using this new platform. I have seen documentation that abroad, windows phone has a higher market concentration, and this would prove useful, and profitable.

subarunut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
My wish list for 2011 updates (assuming the rumored 2011 1st qtr update with c/p etc.. is fact):
- Indipendent volume for alarm
- Indipendent volume for ring tone
- Quick change profiles for ring tone, ring tone volume, etc.. like Blackberries and old school nokia phones had. I use/used that all the time. (have a bold 9000 for work as well)
- volume rocker able to wake screen so that I can change tracks when locked better
- more teme's and colors
- Universal search or a device section within bing search
- Favorites in either phe phone or people for quick dialing
- ability to pin the status icons (3g, wifi, bt, bat, time) in place.
- internet radio to play in the background
- Video upload to at least skydrive if not facebook as well
- Navigation that can read contacts as well as us bing search and live traffic
- enable hidden SSID join
- ability to disable DHCP for static guys
- Manual wireless sync button to initiate zune client software sync

Requests for App vendors:
- SeriusXM app
- ESPN Sports Center
- Overdrive for Library online checkout of audio books

Last edited:

intrinsc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd like them to include the ability to edit contact info that is pulled from the cloud. For example, you can't delete a number or edit a number that the phone pulls from facebook.

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Little features it's currently lacking, such as copy+paste. I'd also like to see the browser and GPS get some work done on them. Turn by turn would be very handy and the browser is a bit to simplistic in terms of customizations/features.

I'd love to see more Skydrive integrations. I'm a fan of the service, but haven't really got to point where I'm using daily. I think it would be great to upload it to Skydrive and share to all the social networks.

davefancher

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Without echoing too much:
* Games should honor silent (vibrate) mode
* Support for browser based videos (flash & others)
* Tighter integration between search and the browser (eliminate the extra tab creation)
* Support for connecting to hidden WiFi networks
* More social networks in the people hub
* Tighter integration with social networks (can't add/remove facebook contacts)
* Support for .VCF files (Messaging can't open them and email doesn't handle them correctly, also need to merge with existing contacts)
* Stable marketplace app

gumbo1919

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Two things: Keep media and apps separated in market searches and allow background service such as Slacker radio to continue after exit.

jkimrey

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
WP7 Update Wish List

Here are some of the things I'd like to see in a forthcoming update. For fun, I've included a rating from 1-5; 1 being a nicety, 5 being 'gotta have it!'. The first number is MY rating, the second is my guess as to the desire of the overall WP7 community.

Basic OS Functionality
---------------------

- Search option for installed apps. My app list is already starting to grow rather large. There should be an option to search for installed apps, at least by clicking the search button at the 'all apps" screen. (3,3).

- Third Party multitasking. Or at least multitasking for (more) 3rd party apps. (4,4)

- The "cut and paste" bullet point (although I haven't missed it much at all so far). (2,4).

- Custom ringtones. (2,4).

- Bing turn-by-turn voice navigation! (5,4).

- Option to "light up" screen while in lock mode when a new email/txt msg, etc is received (3,3).

- Option to leave screen on when phone is locked and plugged into a power source (3,3).

Music / Video Hub
-----------------

- Allow the playing of videos with the screen locked (no display). There are certain video podcasts that I will sometimes listen to while driving. No need to waste battery by displaying the video in these instances. iOS allows this by starting the video again after the screen has been locked. (4,2).

Marketplace
-----------

- Before updating apps, is it possible to see what the updates address? It appears to me that it only shows the default app description when downloading an update; I'd like to know what the update is for. (3,2).

- Speed up browsing the marketplace - often you have to wait to continue scrolling through the available apps. (3,3).

Game (Xbox) Hub
---------------

- Multiplayer games please!! Perhaps the support is already in the OS (in which case we are just waiting on games that support this; if so, this can be removed from the list. (5,5).

- Why don't the games we've purchased show on the full app list? (3,2)

Zune Integration
----------------

- Allow (true) wireless sync for podcasts!! I should be able to check for podcast updates from anywhere, and they should download automatically, even if I'm not near a PC. Argh. (5, 3).

- Smart DJ. No reason this isn't available on WP7 devices. (3,4).

- When viewing an artist or band, I liked the ability on the Zune HD to see similar bands from the device itself. (3,3)

Picture Hub
-----------

- Perhaps I'm missing it, but is it possible to set up 3rd party services (flickr, picasa) to have pictures automatically appear in the picture hub? I know you can download individual apps, but this should be integrated into the Hub. (3,3).

Mail Hub
--------

- Ability to combine multiple email accounts together (2,3).

Internet Explorer
-----------------

- Ability to type in URL from landscape mode! (3,3)

- Flash and Silverlight support (4,4)

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for participating in the discussion. We're in the process of drawing our contest winners and sending out notifications.

Please, feel free to continue to share your thoughts on what you'de like to see included in the first Windows Phone 7 update.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see full Xbox Live intergration with the phone, not just the Xbox Live Extras app.

I want to be able to see peoples avatars if they have on in the people hub and things like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett