Is Windows Phone 7 worth waiting for?

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a Sprint Touch Pro that is falling apart. I'm due for an upgrade. I really want a Windows Phone 7 device but I don't know how I feel about waiting until some undetermined date next year. I'm wondering what those of you with Windows Phone 7 devices think. Is Windows Phone 7 awesome enough to wait for or should I switch to Android?

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm the only person I know who has one at the moment, and I'm 90% happy with it. There will be a system update coming in (rumor!) January or so which ought to fix several of the issues I'm not too happy about.

But the OS in itself is really solid. My Samsung Focus turns on very quickly, and I haven't had a hiccup yet.

If you can wait until January, though, I'd recommend it. By then all the major kinks should have been worked out. If your phone does fall apart, however, then definitely head out and look for a Samsung Focus.

deadlast

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest going to an AT&T store or any other carrier that has a windows phone 7 device and play with the phone for 5 minutes. I did that yesterday and my decision was easy. When I got home, I ordered one online.

deadlast

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going with the Samsung Focus. After looking at WP7 on a Super AMOLED screen, there was no other choice. The screen looks so nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786