A running list of needed WP7 fixes

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I find quite a strange issue, not sure if it's just me, with sound when playing music and then playing a game. Sometimes when I pause the music and go into a game (OMG for example) there is no music playing - SFX is present however. Should I close the game and start playing music from Zune again the volume is much lower than it normally is. Instead of having my volume level on 1-5 through earphones, I am forced to turn it up to 10-15 unless I reboot the phone. Once rebooting the phone, sound is normal with Zune and music is fine in games.

I would love a "How much data you have used this month" statistic somewhere so one can keep track of bandwidth usage. I am limited to 1GB a month on Three and it seems as though the WP is much more Internet demanding than Android or iOS (with me anyway).

No sound when capturing video is fairly irritating. Had an office Christmas party last Friday and shot some film, only found out afterwards that no audio is captured. Not sure how I missed this. Lastly, we should be able to have the WiFi to be continuously on if desired.

brambo23

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I would love a "How much data you have used this month" statistic somewhere so one can keep track of bandwidth usage. I am limited to 1GB a month on Three and it seems as though the WP is much more Internet demanding than Android or iOS (with me anyway).

the ATT My Wireless App has a feature in there that tracks your data for the billing cycle

Also when you get a new phone, you always use a lot of data from the start because your buying new apps, your setting up your apps, and it's always more fun to play with it when you first get it.

Last edited:

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I find quite a strange issue, not sure if it's just me, with sound when playing music and then playing a game. Sometimes when I pause the music and go into a game (OMG for example) there is no music playing - SFX is present however. Should I close the game and start playing music from Zune again the volume is much lower than it normally is. Instead of having my volume level on 1-5 through earphones, I am forced to turn it up to 10-15 unless I reboot the phone. Once rebooting the phone, sound is normal with Zune and music is fine in games.

No sound when capturing video is fairly irritating. Had an office Christmas party last Friday and shot some film, only found out afterwards that no audio is captured. Not sure how I missed this. Lastly, we should be able to have the WiFi to be continuously on if desired.
re: sound I've experienced that too and I've read about others experiencing it as well. Hopefully it will be solved when Microsoft addresses separating the volume controls.

I also want data (and call time) counter built into the OS. The ATT app is slightly delayed from what I understand.

I also want the persistent wifi.

L337Ware

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Password protection for Marketplace transactions. My son already bought me Rocket Riot while I wasn't looking. Good game though so I wasn't too upset. Well atleast in game purchase have to go back to the Marketplace else I'd have to worry about a repeat of the $65 smurfberry purchase on the IPad.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've posted this in a few other places, but I figured I'd submit this for your addition to the list:

A Holistic "MyPhone-esque" data transfer from one phone to the next: a singular, simple, and superior customer transition of data (including text messages, which can't currently be transferred via zune; I was able to transfer a few from my jack to my quantum by manually saving each one to the SIM card, but that's NOT a real solution) from one Windows Phone to the customer's next Windows Phone, that comes standard on the Phone, would be a HUGE help, and would increase the longevity of my relationship with and use of these phones. It also makes sense with their vision, which seems to be for each person to easily access and express their Windows persona/data anytime anywhere, making the phone (as well as the pc, the xbox, etc.) simply a channel or medium (dare I say, a "window?") than it's own entity. If the focus is shifting away from just the different physical products to the customer's data and life with and through different "Windows" (xbox, pc, phone, etc.), then something to help improve and streamline the transition from old phone to new phone seems to me be just as important as streamlining the transition from phone to pc to xbox to phone, etc..

thanos911

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe that is Microsoft's overall goal, as it developed the MyPhone service (myphone.microsoft.com). At this time, the service doesn't fully support WM7 (only contact backup), but it basically is supposed to backup all your data, and have it all replicated and available for web access without your device via your myphone portal. I believe that was the whole Kin "experiment" as well. Everything is moving "to the cloud" as Microsoft likes to advertise. I also agree that if they perfect this service, and the devices simply act as a means for accessing all the data (and store an "offline" copy of the data in the phone), it will service all their users better and create a loyal customer base that depend on their devices to access the data.

(Sorry for the excessing use of the quotation marks, but it was at the expense of sounding too much like an advertisement).

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
This is good stuff but posting it here only isn't enough, there's gotta be a way to send all this feedback directly to MS and the WP7 teams or they'll never know.

There's a free app in the marketplace I was told about My App Idea iirc, you can post these things and vote on fixes/ideas right on the phone and I think (though the app isn't made by MS) that the feedback gets to them in the end. Or at least someone at WPCentral if possible could pass this info on somehow.

soomuch

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been a proud and impressed owner of a WP7 phone now for about a month. The more I use my "Samsung Focus" I find myself more and more convinced that I made the right decision by moving away from my old BB. After going through all the posts in this space I find that most of my wanting were addresses in a way or another but I still would like to add one more. When receiving a message on WP7 a toast notification gets displayed on the screen for sometime but then it disappear when the screen turns off. If i am away from my phone this becomes an issue since the phone doesn't give me any indication that there is a message waiting for me when the screen is off. It would be really nice to have some sort of visual indication to continue alerting me. It could be something as simple as blinking Windows logo in the bottom where the home button is. I know that this COULD and COULD NOT work based on the hardware you have (Samsung vs HTC vs LG) but if the hardware is capable I think it would be a nice integrated feature that will add to the OS already existent elegance.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
re: sound I've experienced that too and I've read about others experiencing it as well. Hopefully it will be solved when Microsoft addresses separating the volume controls.

I also want data (and call time) counter built into the OS. The ATT app is slightly delayed from what I understand.

I also want the persistent wifi.
You do realize that you can call *3282# and get more up-to-date data usage via a text message, right? I have it saved to a contact called Data and have the tile on my home screen. When it loads the contact I just have it call the number. Not the most elegant solution but it works. It won't work on unlimited data accounts and this is only for ATT but I'm sure other carriers have similar service numbers.

Last edited:

hutch_sc

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Enhancement to start screen

I would love to see the ability to "size" the main tiles on the front screen. I am OK for Windows to have 3 - 4 settings. Let current size be medium - 16 tiles. Let there be a small size - 32 tiles, large setting - 8 tiles and 1 that fits the whole screen. This would allow customization and control at the same time. Whenever you hold down tile, have a size setting come up or ... and pick the size - large, medium, small - full screen. That way you can have between 1 - 32 tiles @ start.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I would love to see the ability to "size" the main tiles on the front screen. I am OK for Windows to have 3 - 4 settings. Let current size be medium - 16 tiles. Let there be a small size - 32 tiles, large setting - 8 tiles and 1 that fits the whole screen. This would allow customization and control at the same time. Whenever you hold down tile, have a size setting come up or ... and pick the size - large, medium, small - full screen. That way you can have between 1 - 32 tiles @ start.

I am mostly on board with this, but with the caveat that I only want two sizes, 1U and 2U in width. That already exists, but I would like to be able to control it manually if I want.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
heres a thing

more freaking stable applications

really starting to piss me off half the apps dont work half the freaking time

!"/$%?&*(_)&"*(&"!/$/%??*(&*())&(?*$%?"/$$|!!"/$%()!_ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
When new comments are posted on a FB status, that status should move back up on the "What's New" list in the People Hub.

EDIT: Also make this change for the Pictures Hub

Last edited:

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
even when cellular data connection is off, it should be turned on automatically to download an incoming mms and turned off upon completion or the user should be prompted to turn on data when they select an mms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers