A running list of needed WP7 fixes

rick9814911#WP

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Definitely agree with these posts, we seem to have the majority of my requests covered already.

Universal inbox and conversation views in email would be extremely convenient.

Every time the screen locks while in a browser, it resets to portrait mode, which is very annoying. If it's in landscape before screen lock, it should be in landscape when it's unlocked.
Also, when in portrait or landscape, the address bar should only be visible when at the top of the page, ie: iPhone and Android. Instead they decided to make it not visible at all in landscape and always visible in portrait, very poor choice.
Portrait keyboard in the browser is a must.
The refresh/stop loading button in the browser box is EXTREMELY small. It feels straight out of WinMo 6.5 and is unacceptable. The touch area around that button needs to be increased.

There should be quick jumps to top/bottom, whether its a gesture or a tap on the status bar, something needs to be done to make this happen.

I'm unsure if this is just my phone or if this is a universal problem, but anytime either Zune or Marketplace crashes, (has only happened 3 times since I've gotten the phone on day 1) said app will not re-open unless the phone is reset.

Camera needs to keep settings. Video will not stay in 720p, must be reset to that setting every time, and flash settings can not be saved either. Very annoying.

Save state in apps. Irregardless of the status of their multi-tasking, a save state is necessary. This should have been part of the OS out of the door. Playing a video game, getting distracted for 1 minute and the screen locks, you have to start over. For a phone designed primarily around gaming, this is unacceptable.

Over all though, I LOVE my HTC HD7 and Windows Phone 7 so far. I feel that it is an excellent start into the mobile sector and that this OS has more potential than any other mobile OS currently available. Microsoft needs to get these issues corrected quickly, updates need to come as fast, if not faster than when Android was initially released. If Microsoft can pull this off, then I feel that they will catch a significant share of the mobile market.

Great List!!! this covers a lot of the things that bug me. Especially the save state for apps. I would like multitasking but im much more concerned about having the apps save where i was. Im not sure if this is coming in mango or not but i really hope it is. The save state and being able to go to the top and bottom quickly in the browser are the 2 biggest things for me!! awesome ideas!

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
They need to fix the repeat for songs. I like to repeat for ONE song, not the whole album! :| Espically when I'm practicing and I need just ONE song for repeat... Not this whole section of songs of where I found the song. (Did anyone follow that?) Gah...

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
They need to fix the repeat for songs. I like to repeat for ONE song, not the whole album! :| Espically when I'm practicing and I need just ONE song for repeat... Not this whole section of songs of where I found the song. (Did anyone follow that?) Gah...

could you not just add the one song to a playlist of its own, then do 'repeat' on the playlist?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Previous call list

I wish they would update the previous call list. If I traded 8 calls back and forth with my wife over the past few days (trying to reach her at home, work, or cell), I don't want it to list my wife's name 8 separate times. I wanted to call my sister the other day and I hadn't contacted her from my phone in a week or so. I figured it was easier to go through previous calls rather than pull her out of the contact list. But I had to scroll through entries that repeated themselves over and over again.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing they really need to address is being able to type a number into the keypad and storing it, whilst in call. I've been caught out numerous times when I haven't had a pen and need to get down a number, either from voicemail, or from someone reading it out to me.

Another issue I have is being able to send a contact (business card).

Sorry if these have already been covered...

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Been using HD7 nodo for 3 months now

Here's my list:

- Change font size.. (Bigger)

- Hate the Search soft button. keep getting pressed

- I thinks someone mentioned it. More consistent Search behavior

- Not loud enough ring tone volume (may be just my HD7)

- LED Notification for missed call and incoming messages

- More customizable ring tone + vibrate settings..

- How do you change the error tone? You know, the error sound message that comes
off when you click something you're not supposed to? Getting really tired of that sound.

- Turn off camera CLICK

- Customizable information on the Lock Screen such as weather, battery, etc..

- Better Playlist

- An file manager/transfer App like FileApp (IOS, sorry no affiliation here), where I can easily transfer files/documents/songs/movies from my PC. (I probably missed this one, can anyone tell me if there's an app like this?)

- Better Skydrive or Dropbox integration.

- A way to control bandwidth utilization. It'd be great if I can turn on/off which app is allowed to access the net at any one time.

- A way to know which application is eating my bandwidth.

- Synchronize with Outlook!!!

- Longer battery life (I guess my HD7 is more to blame here). Its kind of an irony to have a Smartphone, but when you use those smartphone features such as movie, games, apps, 3G, Wifi, youtube... the battery won't last a day. So having a powerful phone, but can't use it that much because battery won't be enough... sigh...

- WhatsAPP

- Google apps. Google+, Google Earth

- Ringtones

- Sideloading custom apps.

Other than those, I guess the phone is fine. Stable and smooth.
Let's hope Microsoft reads this thread...

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Been using HD7 nodo for 3 months now

Here's my list:

Hi, I've tried to shed some light a few points....

- LED Notification for missed call and incoming messages

You should have this on the HD7. IIRC, it flashes green for a missed call and red for a text.

- More customizable ring tone + vibrate settings..

Coming in a few weeks with Mango.

- Turn off camera CLICK

Coming with Mango.

- Better Skydrive or Dropbox integration.

Mango has integrated the Skydrive facility, IIRC.

- Synchronize with Outlook!!!

I have no problems with push/pull sync on two Outlook accounts. :)

- Ringtones

Mango will allow for customised ringtones.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats not easy or intuitive. You have to do more crazy steps to copy a phone number then text that number to someone else.

AND its beyond me why I can't plug my phone into my Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb