WP7 and Ford Sync?

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy, but why does Ford Sync work with the Iphone, Android and Blackberry phones but there is no built in support for WP7 that I have found? Shouldn't this be a major priority?

The Ford sync system has been one of the main reasons why Ford has been selling more cars at higher prices in the last few years. The system alone has been shown to improve resale value. People want it. I want it.

As far as I know, the encryped memory on the phone won't even alow access to music.

Sync and WP7 could do so much... turn by turn directions, total voice control of your music, apps, and phone functions. The connection could go both ways... gathering mileage data, car maintainance notifications. For example, Sync could push a notification to your phone that the car needs and oil change, then checks your schedule on your calender and suggest a good date and time for an appointment, then makes it electronically.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I currently drive a Ford and intent to for my next vehicle so I hope My Ford Touch does get WP7 support, or other way around. Either way, I want it to work. =)

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that is pretty lame seeing they make both I'm hoping for a fix because my next car will have sync and hoping my next device will be a wp7 device

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so what I have read and understand about what is going on with the ford sync is
not ford sync but windowsphone, I have a zune hd and a kenwood bt900 radio that supports zune but will not work with my windowsphone 7 and the reason is that the usb music and video output is not enabled on the phones as of yet because I read that it was very buggy.. if you noticed that when microsoft demos the phone they have it plugged into the usb and showing on a screen so we know it works, but our build is not enabled because its buggy, I hope they have this fixed in the january update that we are waiting for along with the bluetooth sound with videos fixes ...

dgraff

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have the Samsung Focus - WP7, and have a 2009 Ford Fusion with Sync by Microsoft. Our WP7s work great with a bluetooth connection. I can make calls, stream music, and best of all the sync will read me my text messages. First phone I've had that sync would access the text messages. Only thing is won't do is a voice command for managing the music playback. I have not tried plugging it into the USB port for sync control.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Ford Focus 2012 and my HTC Arrive with Mango works beautifully with. Reads incoming texts, downloads my phonebook including pictures, and I can select it as a media device and it plays the music off of my phone, all over bluetooth. It's pretty damn sweet!

For reference, my sync version is 4.23.11081

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
the platform isnt even a year old yet, give it time. we will have all these sweet capabilities. considering that, i am very pleased with what we have already.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well here's a neat wp7 mango feature I found today, I was driving along with it connected via BT (in a mitsubishi) and I got a text message and a voice (different from the one in my BT system) asked if I wanted it to read it, so I said 'read it' and I read it perfectly then even asked if it should read it again, delete it or if I wanted to reply! I've never had this in any smartphone before, it was cause for the iPhone fans in the car to admit that was pretty damn awesome!

UVSoaked

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
the platform isnt even a year old yet, give it time. we will have all these sweet capabilities. considering that, i am very pleased with what we have already.

Zune HD worked with SYNC since it was first released and wasn't the Zune team working on Windows Phone too? I hope why it's not in wp is because they were too busy working on more important features.

commishbob

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have the Samsung Focus - WP7, and have a 2009 Ford Fusion with Sync by Microsoft. Our WP7s work great with a bluetooth connection. I can make calls, stream music, and best of all the sync will read me my text messages. First phone I've had that sync would access the text messages. Only thing is won't do is a voice command for managing the music playback. I have not tried plugging it into the USB port for sync control.

This has been my experience as well. Focus and my 2010 Fusion /SYNC get along just fine. From time to time the SYNC doesn't see the phone and I have to press and hold the phone button on the steering wheel to connect but this problem occurs far less than it did with my previous phone.

The SYNC will stream music from my Focus but I have a Zune permanently plugged into the car so I don't need the phone for that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus and on a recent trip to Michigan my wife and I rented a 2012 Ford Focus and Sync worked flawlessly for us.

Not sure what this thread is getting at....

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus and on a recent trip to Michigan my wife and I rented a 2012 Ford Focus and Sync worked flawlessly for us.

Not sure what this thread is getting at....

It didn't used to work, either because of an older version of sync or the original version of WP7.

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what the original poster meant by "not working".

For me, it has always worked from day 1. It syncs through Bluetooth, I can play tunes, talk on the phone, get text messages, and connect to Ford services for directions and information.

The only thing that doesn't work is if you connect through USB. It does not recognize the phone as a USB device and cannot play tunes when connected that way. To be fair though, my previous Samsung Fascinate running Android would not work through USB either. Not sure if it is a Sync problem or a firmware problem with the Samsungs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz