bing maps

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Right now it's telling me I'm about half a block from where I really am. I'm wondering if it's the map itself or the GPS receiver....

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if I'm inside, it is always way off. My old iPhone had no problem locating me inside my residence.

On the other hand, when I'm in my truck, it always zones right in. Not sure if its the receiver itself or perhaps bad synchronization with bing maps.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i was having that problem when i had the HTC surround , sints i got the FOCUS i havent had the problem.
but honestly i dont think it has anything to do with the phone it self , its all the same on all the phones.

probly deppends on the GPS location at the time you check , availability of your newtwork or something i dunno .

Lionstone

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The different accuracy depends on how well it's receiving GPS satellite signal. Without good signal, it will use cell tower triangulation, which is much faster, but far less accurate. In fact, it may do that first, then "home in" using GPS, but I'm not sure on that part. Some phones may be better than others at receiving satellite signals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99