alternative to Zune software?

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
How is it a pain for you to use? Are you sure you know what you're doing with it? If not, I can help you.

And as far as I know, there is no alternative.

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
By a pain do you mean that your computer is a bit old so it runs slow? If that's the case then try toning down the display settings.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Whats the specific problem. My buddy who just came from a iPhone 3 said Zune was so much easier to transfer then iTunes. Because of that I have to agree with L3vi and wonder if its just a hardware issue on your end.

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Whats the specific problem. My buddy who just came from a iPhone 3 said Zune was so much easier to transfer then iTunes. Because of that I have to agree with L3vi and wonder if its just a hardware issue on your end.

But its usually impossible for everyone to like one thing. But it could be he hasn't given it enough of a chance yet, since he could be new to it and all.

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some problems getting used to Zune too. Long time itunes user here. I seem to miss drag & drop onto playlists the most. With the Zune I have to search through the list of artists in through the software. Once I find the song I'm looking for, I have to search for the playlist all over again, then drag the song over to it. The problem I'm having is that list of songs isn't self-refreshing.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some problems getting used to Zune too. Long time itunes user here. I seem to miss drag & drop onto playlists the most. With the Zune I have to search through the list of artists in through the software. Once I find the song I'm looking for, I have to search for the playlist all over again, then drag the song over to it. The problem I'm having is that list of songs isn't self-refreshing.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Yes you are.

You go to your collections, and you drag your songs/albums/artists to you playlist on the bottom left. Next to the phone/cd icon where you can drag to there.

Reactions: ikkf

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Zune is really easy to use. If you need any help just ask.

Most of your files are in collection, just drag them to the little phone icon on the left and done. Can't be any more easier. ( Though the program flashiness can distract you )

Reactions: ikkf

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
is there another way i can transfer music to my Optimus 7? Zune, for me, is really a pain to use.

you can use windows media player as well, but nothing is better than zune. the UI is beautiful and it is super user friendly. even better than itunes...

like stated earlier if you are having issues just ask, probably an easy solution.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Long-time iPod user --> iTunes user.

After installing Zune to manage my Focus, I realized there was really a better way to do stuff. Microsoft knocked it out of the park.

I love Zune. It's just so... intuitive and good-looking :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Zune is pretty ****ty sometimes. Its slow and unresponsive a lot. I wish I could dump it too sometimes.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Long-time iPod user --> iTunes user.

After installing Zune to manage my Focus, I realized there was really a better way to do stuff. Microsoft knocked it out of the park.

I love Zune. It's just so... intuitive and good-looking :)

I am also a big fan. People tell me I'm doing it wrong, but when I have to sync my iPad it takes up to an hour. That sucks.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Zune is pretty ****ty sometimes. Its slow and unresponsive a lot. I wish I could dump it too sometimes.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

it shouldnt be slow an unresponsive at all, if it is , there is something wrong. i have never had any issues whatsoever, and it is definately smoother and faster than itunes. are you 64bit? is your pc older / newer? what is your resolution set at?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's fairly new, almost a year old.
Intel i3
4G of ram
64 bit
17" screen [highest resolution]
it shouldnt be slow an unresponsive at all, if it is , there is something wrong. i have never had any issues whatsoever, and it is definately smoother and faster than itunes. are you 64bit? is your pc older / newer? what is your resolution set at?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I find that the service is slow at times, but the software is quick. For example, sometimes when searching, the results from my collection return quickly but results from the marketplace bog down. Is that what you're experiencing?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No I'm experiencing slow load/boot times. Lets say I click on the Zune launcher. The software opens, but sits at a white screen for about 30 seconds or so. When I plug in my phone, it freezes up then recovers, but doesn't see the phone for another 15 - 20 seconds. Once it sees the phone, it takes another 20 - 30 seconds for it to start sync with the phone.
I find that the service is slow at times, but the software is quick. For example, sometimes when searching, the results from my collection return quickly but results from the marketplace bog down. Is that what you're experiencing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99