Interesting WP7 Tablet Concept

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Kinda like this:
YouTube - New Windows Phone 7 OS Tablet Concept Photos_www.getmobilinfo.blogspot.com

i think MS have got a really great UI concept that would scale well to other screen sizes. Unlike Apple who just add more icons and make them a bit bigger to fill the space a WP7 tablet could just view more of the Panorama/Pivot. It would really be something different to the existing tablets that simply take what is there and make it bigger.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting..... he took the idea from Omnimo 3

Browsing deviantART

You could say that, though instead, this designer decided to keep the WP7 start menu the same width and height as the current one, using only 2 columns as a way to keep the OS consistent across devices. Both are still pretty cool concepts, if only Microsoft would jump on this and move into the tablet space with WP7.

jplayer01

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sigh, Microsoft needs to give up on Windows 7 on a tablet and use WP7 as the base for all mobile efforts (tablets included).

Yes hes a nice designer but my WP7 phone isnt a computer. Its a smartphone for sure.
A WP7 tablet wouldnt work so good.

Why not? Android is being given a facelift to work on tablets, iOS has already been reworked for tablets (iPad) ... so ... Microsoft should really be doing the same thing instead of trying to push a desktop OS (W7) or working on a completely new base (W8 ARM) for future tablets (in 2-3 years when Android and iOS have been developed/improved even more).

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
They ought to make a tablet-friendly version of WP7 to use on tablets... giving them that "instant-on" capability people expect of tablets, plus access to the WP7 Marketplace. There's no reason they couldn't add a capability to launch a full desktop program in a Windows7 virtual machine, as needed, for those power users. I think we will see good things from Microsoft in terms of tablets as they're already announced the next version of Windows will run on ARM and system on a chip architectures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa