Contacts Question

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

As I have stated in previous posts I don't have my WP7 phone just yet. I will have it in a few weeks and am just learning as much as I can via these forums before I actually have it in my hand.

One of my questions about the OS is contacts. Sounds like it does a great job integrating in contacts from various sources such as Facebook. My question is do you have control over what you can import in from apps like Facebook.

In other words, I would prefer to not have my hundreds and hundreds of contacts on Facebook imported as contacts on my main dialing list on my new WP7 phone. Would prefer to just import my contacts I currently have on a SD card that is in my current phone.

I am assuming/hoping there is an option to do this and just wondering if one of you guys that currently have a WP7 can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks!

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I think that option presents its self when you are setting up your phone contacts. Can't remember for sure. How ever there it is somethign you can change at any time.

Settings, over to applicatons, down to people. You will see the "Include FB friends as contacts".

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed in your post you wanted to import contacts to your from your SD card. Problem is, is that you can't do that. Unless you mean your SIM card, in which case you can. Assuming you have a blackberry or an Android phone, make sure you have contact sync enabled for said phone on your google account (if you have one).
Your WP7 phone will automatically add those contacts once you add the account (may take a couple minutes to do so).

clemon79

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, basically there is a switch you can toggle that will switch the FB integration from "bring in the whole friends list" (which you don't want, though the FB integration within the phone is so good you may change your mind at some point) to "only update with FB info those contacts I already have through other means." Which sounds like exactly what you want right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa