ATT Unlimited Data Screw Over?

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I did a road trip from NJ to ATL and back and still have under 200 MBs of data used, I dont think this will be a big deal to me.

heystartrek

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How did you swing that deal, tre-nitty? It wasn't an option for me and the att rep inisted nobody on att has unlimited data unless their iphone was 'grandfathered' in.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm assuming this is the trick that requires a 2G iPhone. I never bothered with it myself as I just kept my unlimited data plan when I upgraded to the Focus. The fun part will be seeing how AT&T tries to migrate those of use with unlimited plans to limited plans once they go 4G.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
How did you swing that deal, tre-nitty? It wasn't an option for me and the att rep inisted nobody on att has unlimited data unless their iphone was 'grandfathered' in.

Yeah i've had unlimited data for the longest. They also told me when I get the atrix that I still will have unlimited data. I just thought about the fact that I said i'm getting the atrix on a windows forum lol. You can't pass up on quality like that.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If you had an unlimited data plan back when they still offered it, you can keep that plan unless you change it. I've been glad, last month used about 6gb thanks to Netflix

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the unlimited data plan with my iphone 3g. They WILL tell you to get one of their plans unless you specifically say you want to keep your current unlimited plan. Their website specifically says as long as you are upgrading laterally (smartphone to smartphone) then you can continue with your unlimited.

Even then, they tried to convince me to switch to the 2GB plan. I do way too much work on my phone to trust that limit.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
People claim at&t capped their unlimited at 5gb but i've gone over that several times and not once heard a peep from them. I think they put that out there so people wouldn't go over 5gb but i'm never gonna stop.

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
People claim at&t capped their unlimited at 5gb but i've gone over that several times and not once heard a peep from them. I think they put that out there so people wouldn't go over 5gb but i'm never gonna stop.

I hear ya on that! People always tell me "oh, you'll never go over 2GB anyway..." I can confidently say I've blown that out of the water a few times.

Oh, one other note, when I first got my WP7 phone and argued with ATT about maintaining my unlimited, they conceded yet still had my account set to the 2GB limit. I had to call 611 and have one of the managers change it over to unlimited and they prorated a refund.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If yer on AT&T, or have been for a while, this is something you should be pretty used to. That's the price of having the iPhone on your network. They have their own data plans, their own pricing packages, their own customer service lines, etc. ie: AT&T is always running sales where you can get "any phone" for $0 or $99, but it always excludes the iPhone. It has it's own identity and is really an Apple phone that happens to use AT&T's network. AT&T has very little control over the iPhone or it's data plans/rates/etc.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to have the unlimited iPhone plan because that was the only option, but I switched to 2 GB to save $5 a month on each line. I can never see using more than 2 GB in a month unless you are streaming loads of video to your phone or have no wifi at home and use your phone for all internet usage. It is not easy to go over 2 GB in a month. I am more upset that there is not a 500MB or 1 GB/month plan so I don't have to drop $25 a month for each of my phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb