E-mail and GMail sync

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I should put this in the Apps or OS talk, but I'll start here. Anyone else using GMail? It seems like when I read an e-mail on the phone, it will sometimes take hours to mark it as read in GMail.

On the opposite side, if I read an item in GMail (on my PC, web based), then it's pretty much instantly marked as read on the phone.

So it seems like the phone isn't pushing the "read" flag (or delete for that matter) right away, but on it's own time schedule.

And for those not using GMail, is it this way with what ever e-mail you use (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)?

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I use GMail and know what you're talking about. It only happens to me when I flash read an email. If I have the email open for more than a minute, it usually registers as read but if any less, then it doesn't update.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I also found that if I manually refresh before exiting mail, it will update "read" flag, and even move the e-mail to the proper folder (if I moved it). I'm going to test it out with hotmail to see what happens. And maybe even (gasp) Yahoo!.

btw, I just read that the Yahoo! mail sending huge chunks of data also happens on the iPhone. They initially tried to blame it on MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion