WP7 update page

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
They picked a really bad example by using a tracking number. Most, if not all, emails I've gotten have the tracking number as a link. Still, type a tracking number into Google and it provides a link you can click on. The email app in WP7 should be able to recognize tracking numbers as it does phone numbers.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Excellent find! This makes it the first time I've seen anything truly official on this update. Since this update is going to come through Zune, can the carrier even block it if they wanted to?

Daegalus

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Excellent find! This makes it the first time I've seen anything truly official on this update. Since this update is going to come through Zune, can the carrier even block it if they wanted to?

Nope, straight to the phone, no way a carrier to block it, and thats Microsofts goal from the get go, its why they didn't give carriers too much freedom with what they can change/add

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope, straight to the phone, no way a carrier to block it, and thats Microsofts goal from the get go, its why they didn't give carriers too much freedom with what they can change/add

well, supposedly the updates still have to be presented to the carriers when they're finished with it and if they don't approve of it whether its an OTA or OTW, if they don't approve it, it doesn't fly.

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
well, supposedly the updates still have to be presented to the carriers when they're finished with it and if they don't approve of it whether its an OTA or OTW, if they don't approve it, it doesn't fly.

From what I remember though, the difference now is that MS doesn't just hand out the update to carriers/OEMs when they're done with it and say "here we're done". They actually went and got all the OEM and Carrier testing that goes down and when a update is finished MS does all the testing, they then show the resaults to the OEM/Carriers and work out any problems together, this should stop any need for them to hold a update back. Well, we all hope anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720