Adding music and photos to HD7

anon(52425)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! First time poster. I am a newbie to WP7. My last WM phone was the HD2 and I swore I would never use a WM phone again but here I am. I am really liking the new UI and overall changes. I switched from an Android device and so far I am very pleased. Now I have figured out most things but I am stuck on this one problem, I did my HW and googled a lot but cant find a solution. Maybe you can help...

I am trying to upload all my photos and music onto this bad boy but I cant seem to do it. I am running a Powermac G5 tower and unfortunately it isnt an intel one so I cant download the software. This sucks. So I figured I would plug in the phone and add them manually via seeing the phone show up as a USB drive of sorts...NO GO.

So is there another way to add my collection? I would use my android phone as an MP3 player and used it all the time for the communte to work (train). I was hoping I to still have tunes come work time tomorrow.

Thanks!

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Windows 7.

:)

Realistically though, you should get Zune pass, you're gonna want it anyways, and you can probably just download all the music you want to put on there.

Other than that......you're maybe gonna want to buy a new computer.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Only way I can think of doing this for the pics is a very painful one: upload the pics you want only Dropbox, then load each of them on WP7 and save it.

anon(52425)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been emailing myself select pics so that is one solution I have. The music issue is still bothering me. @Averry, I don't need a new computer if that is the only thing I need it to do. In the almost 5 years i have had it I barely used it and now with my iPad and smartphone it collects even more dust.

I figure I might load up some music on a thumb drive and use my friends windows PC

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You can try 'The Missing Sync' and see if they have a version...but from my own experience the Windows Phone connector that Microsoft has is the best option.

Having said that, you're right, it isn't an option for you. Though I hate to say it, given the age of your system, your hands are probably tied. You either learn to live within the limitatins, upgrade your system, or return the phone for something that a G5 Mac can support (though I'm not even sure there are iTunes updates for the non-Intel hardware any more - I thought I read Apple was effectively 'moving on' as well?)

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You should just go get a Mac Mini or something.

Like Steve Jobbs said.....cars and trucks man. Your iPad is not a truck...it's a bit of a toy car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon