Installed Apps not showing up

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone install an app and have it not show up in the list? This has happened to me twice now (HD7). I installed Unite from Microsoft. And today I installed The Moron Test. They install fine, but do not show up in my app list. The phone thinks it's installed because when I find it in the Marketplace, it just allows me to Share.

So basically there is no way to get it off the phone without a hard reset, correct? Seems like it would be so simple to just add an Uninstall button in the Marketplace. Or even an Open button, much like Android does.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked the Games hub? :)

Yeah. I Googled before I posted and saw that someone suggested that. In my games hub I don't see it. I only see 4 games listed that say Try Now. Under that there is link that says Get more games.

But... I now see that I can scroll down, and there are the games I downloaded. Weird because there is no indication the there is more content vertically.

Anyway, thanks Pete!

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I Googled before I posted and saw that someone suggested that. In my games hub I don't see it. I only see 4 games listed that say Try Now. Under that there is link that says Get more games.

But... I now see that I can scroll down, and there are the games I downloaded. Weird because there is no indication the there is more content vertically.

Anyway, thanks Pete!

Yep, delete the Try Now stuff...you can always find that stuff in the marketplace. The reason you have to scroll down is because those are not Xbox Live games. Xbox Live games appear on top, the rest on the bottom.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep, delete the Try Now stuff...you can always find that stuff in the marketplace. The reason you have to scroll down is because those are not Xbox Live games. Xbox Live games appear on top, the rest on the bottom.

Thanks again Pete. I didn't know you could remove those. I like it much better now...

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Keep an eye out for some audio or video apps also not appearing in the main apps list. I remember I installed RealTube and it did not appear in my list. I had no idea what was going on until I saw it in the on the marquee tab of the Zune Music + Videos hub. A later update changed this so it appeared in the main apps list, but that is another place to look if you can't find an installed app.

Since all music and video apps appear in the Zune hub, that is one way to keep organized on your main screen if you don't want to take up extra space with tiles for all your music and video apps.

pkon

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
thought I couldn't install an app

this is a helpful thread. I thought that my install of the Microsoft game "unite" had failed because I couldn't find it, and as well I couldn't reinstall it--the page would just give me the "share" option. it's not a great UI to tuck programs away without telling me where they are! now I know--thanks everyone.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
when I downloaded tywo games this evening once the download inished it showed up in the games hub where i assumed they might be

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
When I got my first Windows Phone, I too was perplexed that games I downloaded did not show up in the App list, but rather in the Xbox Live or "Games" Hub. This is a uniform approach to all Windows Phones. The Hub centers serve as mini-platforms within the OS platform. So you will most likely find all "social, messages, etc" in the People Hub, Music in the Music Hub, Weather in the HTC Hub (If you have an HTC phone), and of course games in the Game Hub.

It's most likely a marketing strategy that sets WP7 in a different light from the other OS's on the market. Since I now know about it, I actually like it. I can find many things I want in one place that makes it integrated and designed.

Ahh yes I forgot to include that Apps for other services, like Music Apps or Picture apps will appear in the Hubs, but also in your app list. The games are the only apps that appear ONLY in the Xbox Live center (Games Hub).

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But just to clarify, games "only" appear in the XBox Hub. Other hubs, like Music or Pictures, will include relevant apps, but those apps also appear on the App list.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My Bing translator app also has the same problem. It just updated to 2.9.2.0 and then poof gone...i installed it on sd card in windows phone 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077