[Hands On] HTC Arrive vs. Samsung Focus

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I got an HTC Arrive this week to compare to my Samsung Focus. I will be comparing the two devices over the next few days.

Thoughts and pictures at the links. I will just update this one thread as I put up additional comparisons through the next few days.

Initial Impressions

Initial impression: Impressed. This is an extremely nice slider phone, and while it has a little more heft and bulk than I prefer in a phone, the keyboard is a pleasure to use, and the device screams quality.

Camera Comparison

I believe the Focus has the better camera, as I prefer more natural shots that I can then go post process.

I compare gaming on the two devices. This is the second to last update in this installment. There is a video this time to boot!

Gaming on the two devices

What I am finding from these comparisons is that the HTC Arrive isn't as bad as I originally thought it would be. It is really surprising me as a quality device. My biggest issue, which I will cover in the last installment is the value of having a keyboard on a WP7 device - unless you are a huge texter or are writing a book on the go. (Maybe I should write a novel on this thing! That would be cool.)

Enjoy the comparison.

Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to compare, and if it isn't too unreasonable, I'll add it to my list of things to compare.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Update!

I know some people requested I make a video of this. Here it is. Excuse the rough edit/video quality.

Nodo Updated Samsung Focus vs. HTC Arrive: Game Load Times

It is actually much closer than I expected. I really expected the Samsung to consistently out perform the HTC by a noticeable amount. After doing the test, I feel much better about SD cards in place of NAND. If you are unable to watch the video, both phones consistently load within 1 second of each other, however there were two games where the Focus was like 3 seconds faster - which I guess I can live with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss