I got a update message!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1jaxstate1...go ahead and unlock and debrand your phone. You can always rebrand it after you get NoDo.

I have HTC Surround on ATT and now have Unlocked NoDo. This is what I did and it's pretty simple.

1. Unlock your phone.
2. Debrand your phone.
3. Optional* install Prevent-ReLock App.
4. Turn off Data Connection
5. Turn on Wi-Fi
6. Connect device to Zune
7. This is important - Manually look on Zune for any updates - it will say February Update is availabe. Run that update.
8. After Feb. Update do not disconnect phone and Manually look on Zune for update again. March Update should show up. Run that update.
9. You are done

It looks like they made the update process even easier. You don't even need to unbrand or hack your phone.

Get the NoDo Update right now! - xda-developers

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got it and I'm NoDo'ing it up!
1jaxstate1...go ahead and unlock and debrand your phone. You can always rebrand it after you get NoDo.

I have HTC Surround on ATT and now have Unlocked NoDo. This is what I did and it's pretty simple.

1. Unlock your phone.
2. Debrand your phone.
3. Optional* install Prevent-ReLock App.
4. Turn off Data Connection
5. Turn on Wi-Fi
6. Connect device to Zune
7. This is important - Manually look on Zune for any updates - it will say February Update is availabe. Run that update.
8. After Feb. Update do not disconnect phone and Manually look on Zune for update again. March Update should show up. Run that update.
9. You are done
Good grief. WP7 was fast before, sheesh. Now it's super duper fast!

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used the xda method where I debranded my phone, then connected to some European server. First ot gave me the February update, then. The march update.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven