I got a update message!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I developer unlocked it. But I didn't go through the trouble of unbranding it.

UPDATD FAILED Error Code: 800705B4

take stuff off your device and try again! I did music and pictures first (stuff that I can sync back on with zune) and then I removed a few apps I wasn't using anyway

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any side loaded apps?

also, is the original workstation that you fist synced to?
from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
FAILED again due to a timeout. I wonder if my company's firewall is blocking something.

Yes I have a Accent Changer app loaded.
Yes, this is the only PC I've sync'd my phone with.

Just deleted more apps. Third times the charm right.

FAILED again.

Last edited:

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was getting the same thing on my new laptop. Tried my wife's and it worked. Turns out, that was the laptop that first sync'd with...just a thought.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. Here's hoping I see some update love soon too. My phone isn't unlocked, but I don't think that matters.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think IT is blocking the data it's trying to send. I'll just waiting until I get home to try it. And I'm using the "MAIN" computer.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
At home, trying the update. I'll report back in a few minutes

Failed again. So I factory restored the phone. And now it says my phone is up to date. I guess the Developer Unlocking of the device had something to do with me seeing a update available. #FAIL

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
At home, trying the update. I'll report back in a few minutes

Failed again. So I factory restored the phone. And now it says my phone is up to date. I guess the Developer Unlocking of the device had something to do with me seeing a update available. #FAIL

Wait, so when you reset a Windows Phone 7 device that is dev unlocked, it relocks? and sorry to hear that update situation... it is a total fail on Microsofts part. When I was talking to a T-Mobile Customer Service Rep. on Monday to try and confirm the status of the rollout on Tuesday, he had said that Microsoft is doing it on a staged rollout to put less stress on their server load, I was like wait wait wait wait! Microsoft? having overloaded servers? lmao it's MICROSOFT! the day they have overloaded servers is the day the four horsemen are galloping the land lmao! (I didn't say that but you get me) he laughed his *** off and agreed with me, he at least seemed knowledgable regarding the situation and didn't say the same thing the last T-Mobile rep told me "are you having trouble accessing the Android Market?" lmao yup yes sir! I have the utmost trouble accessing the Android Market on my Windows Phone... lmao

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it was false hope I did the unlock process yesterday and some how that was allowing me to see a update available I've unlocked it again, now the update isn't showing. Sorry for the false hope

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
1jaxstate1...go ahead and unlock and debrand your phone. You can always rebrand it after you get NoDo.

I have HTC Surround on ATT and now have Unlocked NoDo. This is what I did and it's pretty simple.

1. Unlock your phone.
2. Debrand your phone.
3. Optional* install Prevent-ReLock App.
4. Turn off Data Connection
5. Turn on Wi-Fi
6. Connect device to Zune
7. This is important - Manually look on Zune for any updates - it will say February Update is availabe. Run that update.
8. After Feb. Update do not disconnect phone and Manually look on Zune for update again. March Update should show up. Run that update.
9. You are done

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro